I have an 8130 and when i set it in vibe mode it stilll rings. UGH! this has caused me embarrassment a couple times.

Any suggestions ???
    05-12-08 09:42 AM
    How are you setting it to vibe? Are you changing the profile to Vibrate?
    05-12-08 10:05 AM
    I normally go in profile and advanced, menu then edit and highlite phone
    then change my tone there to vibrate.
    05-12-08 10:08 AM
    I have a similar issue, but in my case, I set it to vibe + ring (sometimes I have my phone in my pocket), but it only vibrates (no ring). But if I set it to ring alone, it will ring fine like it is supposed to. Fwiw its a mp3 ringtone.

I go to profile (normal) and then advanced profile, i set the phone setting for when the phone is "out of the holster". Everything else seems to work fine it seems.
    Last edited by jkeener71; 05-12-08 at 01:51 PM.
    05-12-08 01:49 PM
    I have a similar issue, but in my case, I set it to vibe + ring (sometimes I have my phone in my pocket), but it only vibrates (no ring). But if I set it to ring alone, it will ring fine like it is supposed to. Fwiw its a mp3 ringtone.

I go to profile (normal) and then advanced profile, i set the phone setting for when the phone is "out of the holster". Everything else seems to work fine it seems.
    I think you misunderstand what vibe + ring does. It will vibrate first, then it will ring. It's not a simultaneous actions where it vibrates AND rings at the same time. It is not possible for a BB to both vibrate and ring at the same time.
    05-12-08 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD