Hi everyone,
    I've look all through this forum and didn't find anything so maybe someone can help me. I know its happened to everyone, you forgot to put your phone in quiet mode and its rings at a bad time. So is there anyway to specify a ring mode during an event?
    09-24-08 04:21 PM
    Change your profile. I turn my profile to off or vibrate depending on what I need.

~ vndlewis

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 04:36 PM
    It's funny, I was just thinking about this myself and came here to do a search when I saw this post...

Anyway, I was wondering the same thing except I was thinking there should be a way to link the calendar. If I'm in a meeting the profile would automatically go to "quiet" for example.
    I'm thinking something like the Office Communicator (or messanger, can't keep trak of the name) ties it's status messages to my Outlook Calendar.
    09-24-08 05:53 PM
    This would definitely be a good idea and I'm surprised that I wasn't able to find this anywhere either. One thought would be the obvious automatic profile change per a blocked event, but it would be cool to basically have designated rings or something for certain types of events, kind of like personal rings for contacts. I'll be keeping an eye out for this and hopefully someone comes up with something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 07:03 PM
    Go into your profiles, go all the way to the bottom to the ADVANCED (mine was off the screen), select your profile (Mine is loud Active) hit the key left of your tracball, select EDIT, all the ones you can change are there, again hit the left button and choose edit, change each ringtone there...save as you go along...I am NOT a professional Blackberry user, just worked a long time trying out everything...hope this helps
    09-24-08 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD