I use UK English on my BB Pearl 8110 and wonderd if Semetic Characters and font support is needed for UK English as I've been pruning the unused Languages from my Pearl to save memory space and don't want to delete them if they are needed, also is there anyway to remove US English as I don't require it?

Roland
    11-15-09 02:04 PM
    You can remove the Semitic Characters and fonts without any problems, it will free up a some memory space.

I do not know of a way of separating out UK and US English. It appears the Spelling Dictionary is the primary difference, words like Labour and Valour check correctly under UK English, but not US English.
    11-15-09 02:32 PM
    You can remove the Semitic Characters and fonts without any problems, it will free up a some memory space.

I do not know of a way of separating out UK and US English. It appears the Spelling Dictionary is the primary difference, words like Labour and Valour check correctly under UK English, but not US English.
    Ok thanks, I guess that I'll just have to switch off the Input Language selection Hot key under Options -> Localisation to disable the annoying pop up when I accidently press Alt and Enter.

Roland
    11-15-09 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD