All of a sudden, I can't scroll down over a past call in call list and initiate a call to that number by just pressing on trackball. Not the only thing that seems to change status on its own!

Any ideas?
    04-02-08 06:56 PM
    It's a bit confusing... Can you elaborate a bit? When you press the trackball, what happens?
    04-02-08 09:17 PM
    Yeah, when you scroll over an old number in your phone list and press down on the track ball to select, it will only ask if you want to call the last number dialed - not the one you scroll over. I used to use the trackball to scroll quickly to a past number and make a call. Now it only will refer to the last incoming or outgoing message requiring you to type in the number you want into the blank field.
    04-03-08 12:11 AM
    With your cursor in the blank area, your could just type the first few letters of your contact you want to call... it will appear.

I am not sure about the method you formerly used... might work with contacts with only one phone available. I have never seen it perform as you state.
    04-03-08 12:20 AM
    Well maybe someone else can figure it out. It appeared to be a factory reset. Very handy just opening the phone log, rolling down to the number and pressing the track ball twice. The first press would open a menu with call/SMS/etc. options and you could call puching the ball again. Now when you scroll to the number you want and press, it opens a tiny box that only says "full menu" - then when you open that, only the last number dialed is there and not the one you selected.

Anyone else?
    Last edited by mackyd; 04-04-08 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Clear up sentence.
    04-04-08 11:39 AM
    Well maybe someone else can figure it out. It appeared to be a factory reset. Very handy just opening the phone log, rolling down to the number and pressing the track ball twice. The first press would open a menu with call/SMS/etc. options and you could call puching the ball again. Now when you scroll to the number you want and press, it opens a tiny box that only says "full menu" - then when you open that, only the last number dialed is there and not the one you selected.

Anyone else?

I think I know what you're talking about becuase it's happened to me a few times as well. Just had this 8310 for about 2 weeks. And 3 times already when I go to the 'Phone' icon off the desktop, the first entry or 'last call' would automatically be selected and I could scroll through other numbers and select with trackball to call back.

Now it seems that when I do that, it just calls the last number dialed instead of the currently selected. And sometimes the 'Selecting' bar wouldn't appear at all. Very strange.

I had to turn off the phone and pull the battery out for it to work properly again.

I'm running v4.2.2.170
    04-06-08 11:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD