I have a problem and i already used the search function. I'm current using a new to me blackberry pearl 8100. I updated the OS added A few apps that I liked and now I want to add a few pretty themes. Not so easy. When I load the BB desktop manager it prompts me for a password when I click on the application loader icon. I've already tried change the password and then disable the password in the security settings and now im not sure what to do. Please pleas please don't say wipe... lol
    01-14-09 05:35 PM
    Have you tried leaving it blank?
    01-14-09 05:55 PM
    the next button wont pop out if i leave it blank
    01-14-09 05:59 PM
    Are you prompted for a password when you run Desktop Manager, or when you connect your BB to the PC? If Desktop Manager is asking for a password without a BlackBerry attached, something is hosed in DM. If DM is prompting you for a password with you connect your BlackBerry, enter your BlackBerry's password. If you've never created a password, then it's likely that one of the apps you installed caused a problem with the Key Store. Try deleting the apps in the reverse order you installed them and see if the problem clears up. Note what app had just been removed, and put the others back. You may be able to idendify a rogue app this way.

If all else fails, backup, wipe, reload the OS, and restore your backup.
    01-14-09 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD