I have a Pearl 8130 on Sprint and when I go to /Phone / Menu / Options / General Options / , it doesn't have an option for turning my " dial from home screen" ! Here is what I see:

Auto Answer Calls: Never
    Auto End Calls: Into Holster
    Confirm Delete: Yes
    Restrict My Identity: Off
    Phone List View: Call Log
    Show "My Number": No
    Default Call Volume: Previous
    Enhance Call Audio: Boost Bass

I would like to turn on home screen shortcuts so that I can use the new QSMS app that was recently posted. When I hit "Q" from the home screen, however, it just takes me to the phone app/address book.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    07-05-08 07:35 AM
    I too want qsms to work but i can't seem to find the dang option to turn off "dila from home screen". I remember seeing it once and turning it on, but that may have been before i updated my OS (now running 4.3.0.97 on a Verizon Peral 8130)

tm
    07-05-08 01:32 PM
    I'm just guessing, but I bet that only the QWERTY BB's have the option to change between the "dial from home screen" and home screen shortcuts.
    07-05-08 09:06 PM
    I too want to know. Any updates?
    07-10-08 07:35 PM
    not an option on the pearl.
    07-10-08 07:44 PM
    I too want qsms to work but i can't seem to find the dang option to turn off "dila from home screen". I remember seeing it once and turning it on, but that may have been before i updated my OS (now running 4.3.0.97 on a Verizon Peral 8130)

tm
    Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this as well. It'd be really nice to not have to have keyboard shortcuts. I could have SWORN I saw it on my Pearl, and I even made a mental note to go back to it so I could play with it. I've never used any other BlackBerry phones, so it's not that I'm confusing myself. Perhaps there are other tweaks regarding home screen & shortcuts in the options???
    07-27-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD