I am a pharmacist and would really like to add tools to my blackberry pearl 8130 ie medical dictionary. I have epocrates on my main memory. It seems that this is not possible and only videos pictures etc will go to sd micro card. Any suggestions to get applications on my card instead of the limited main memory. Thanks
    Last edited by yhass; 02-21-08 at 01:12 AM.
    02-21-08 01:08 AM
    I believe applications are only stored on the BB's drive. They cannot be stored on the microSD card.
    02-21-08 01:21 AM
    V is correct. Media card is for videos, music, pictures, ring tones at this time. But who's to say that down the road, maybe even with the new OS release that's due out in a couple of months, that it will be possible.
    02-21-08 04:39 AM
    I am a pharmacist and would really like to add tools to my blackberry pearl 8130 ie medical dictionary. I have epocrates on my main memory. It seems that this is not possible and only videos pictures etc will go to sd micro card. Any suggestions to get applications on my card instead of the limited main memory. Thanks
    I am interested in the same. Epocrates is a memory hog on the BB. But, Pepid says it can be loaded on the card. I'm trying to find out how much has to be on the main memory, although most will be stored on the card.
    02-23-08 09:39 PM
    I tried downloading Pepid trial, but didn't seem to work. Did you have much luck and is it much better than epocrates?
    02-24-08 02:53 AM
    02-24-08 07:07 AM
    I tried downloading Pepid trial, but didn't seem to work. Did you have much luck and is it much better than epocrates?
    I just wrote them to find out how much memory does go on main memory. However I have Pepid on my Pocket PC and I am waiting for them to convert my account too. It works fine on the PPC. If it does well, I may get rid of Epocrates since for now it takes up too much room on the main memory.

John
    02-24-08 06:55 PM
    On the topic of sd micro cards, but a little off the topic of this thread, what is the maximum size sd micro card that can be used for the BB pearl 8130? There was a great deal on an 8gb sd micro card, but it was a mchc (micro card high capacity) and the salesman was decent enogh to tell me that if my phone didn't use the mchc card it wouldn't work at all in my phone. Any idea, anyone?

Cheers
    02-26-08 01:32 PM
    Up to 8 gig depending on what version of the OS you have installed. Anything over 2 gig is considered High Capacity.
    I'm running a 4gig Micro SDHC. Works fine.
    02-26-08 01:34 PM
    02-26-08 02:44 PM
    Thanks guys. I'm off to upgrade to an 8gb sdhc!
    02-27-08 05:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD