I need help with an issue. As seen in the picture below, the blackberry is stuck on that screen, only way to get out of it is taking out the battery but once I put the batter back in, its in the same screen. The waiting icon just keeps going round and round like its doing something, but it stays on there for hours. I cant reboot it, cuz i cant get into the options or anything on the phone. The phone is pretty new, so I really want to know how to fix it.

Please anyone know any solutions?
    PS: I have never had a blackberry before, so bear with me.

06-18-08 01:30 PM
    My solution is to SPIKE it on the ground.
    JOKING you say you pull the battery and nothing happend, try recovering a dead berry you can search it in the forums.
    06-18-08 01:32 PM
    JOKING you say you pull the battery and nothing happend, try recovering a dead berry you can search it in the forums.
    Dead berry? I have no idea what that means >.<
    06-18-08 01:33 PM
    Try this,

When your device fails to start, it show one of these symptoms:

1. Totally dead.

2. Trying to restart, LED activity only.

3. Failed to start, a white screen with an error message.

__________________________________________________ ________

1. Physical damage, water is the worst enemy of delicate electronic device. Try drying it with a desiccant and replacing the battery. If there is no activity, you can still try the last ditch technique, nothing to loose anyway.

2. Your device is not able to start, something has gone wrong and the OS is corrupt.

3. Geeks call this an "Uncaught exception error". That is a polite way of saying, the last thread has terminated, the OS has halted because it is corrupt.

In many cases, the Application Loader can be used from Desktop Manager or Windows, see Ref #1 for the CrackBerry 101 discussion.

If that fails to connect, there is one final solution. Go Old Skool ...

__________________________________________________ ________

The good news, starting from scratch, you will be back in service in a couple of hours.

1. In order to restore the device, you need to have BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed. The original, as supplied on the BlackBerry CD is adaquite. Tip: If you choose to download the newest v4.3, you can save a lot of time by choosing custom install and disabling Roxio Media Manager. At start-up, it really slows things down until it has built up it index of media. Ref #2 links to BlackBerry's download site.

2. After it is installed, you need to install a BlackBerry OS file that is specific to your device. The original version, as supplied by the carrier, is the safe choice, but you can use any model specific version. This is not supplied on your BlackBerry CD, Ref: 3 links to BlackBerry's download pages.

3. Once the OS has been installed, you have to prepare it for the device.

Select Start / Computer and select the Drive C: Icon.

Open Program Files / Common Files / Research in Motion / AppLoader.

Navigate to the bottom and delete the file Vendor.XML file.

4. You are now ready to restore your device. Verify that BlackBerry Desktop Manager is NOT running. Plug the device directly into the computer's USB port.

We are about to venture into the bowls of the beast. Windows is not suitable for this job, we are going to invoke the Command line interface with an option switch. This was the way all 'puters worked prior to Mcintosh and Windows.

Windows XP: Start / Run... / Command

Windows Vista: Start / Command (type this into 'start search')

You will see a black window similar to this. I have used UPPERCASE to highlight the typed commands.
    Quote:
    CD \CD PROGRAM FILES CD COMMON FILESCD RESEARCH IN MOTIONCD APPLOADERLOADER /NOJVM
    When you hit enter at the last command a forced rebuild will start.

5. When it has finished, unplug it from the USB port and wait for it to finish start-up. Thirty minutes is typical, do not interrupt it.

Once it has recovered, you can use Desktop Manager's Application Loader to customize and restore from your backup files, if you have saved them previously.
    06-18-08 01:40 PM
    okay im going to try it, looks like itll take me awhile.
    so ill let you know if it works.
    (:
    06-18-08 01:49 PM
    -- Wouldn't that be something if the response was: HOW hard!
    that would totally have made my day....funny
    06-18-08 02:09 PM
    okay so i did everything... when i got to the command step, i realized based on the command prompt you gave me... i need a cd in order for that prompt to work, it gave me this message:
    "too many parameters - program"

I dont have any cd, this phone was given to me. Is there any other way of doing this? I have installed the programs you asked and everything.
    06-18-08 03:15 PM
    Ok whenyou get that screen and you pull the battery,does the phone go back to normal or back to the whit screen?
    06-18-08 04:28 PM
    It goes back to the white screen.
    this is frustrating >.>
    06-18-08 04:56 PM
    Is the CD you are talking about the desktop manager? You should be able to dl this to your computer through your cell phone provider web site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-08 05:02 PM
    You can download it on BlackBerry under software. Look for desktop mamager and download version 4.3 you also need to download the operating system to your PC. Then follow those steps you will.

06-18-08 05:20 PM
    Is the CD you are talking about the desktop manager? You should be able to dl this to your computer through your cell phone provider web site.

No, I have the desktop manager. I followed your steps correctly. When the command prompt you gave me, that code is to bring up a cd. I mean I tried it numerous times and it gave me the message i said earlier. Idk but it feels like im missing something, but I did everything you asked =/
    06-18-08 06:22 PM
    CD is change directory I think.

06-18-08 06:33 PM
    Did you type CD:\?

06-18-08 06:35 PM
    No, I typed C \
    and i think i just realized the typo
    WOW.
    let me try this.
    ill let you guys know.
    06-18-08 11:29 PM
    Just tried it your way.
    Still get this message after i press enter in the command prompt:
    "too many parameters - program"

=/
    06-18-08 11:34 PM
    Did you get your problem resolved yet. What exactly started this problem? Did you install something or remove something.
    06-22-08 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD