Well I was dumb enough not to buy a screen protector for my phone and last night I got my first scratches on it. They're fairly noticeable and can be seen in just about any light so I'm thinking that means they are rather deep. I was wondering if anyone out there has had this happen to them and had success with any products out there such as brasso. I've been reading up on it all morning but wanted to stay acute with my BB friends before trying anything! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-08 09:32 AM
    Try newegg.com you should be able to purchase a new screen

03-23-08 10:07 AM
    Im sure someone will have an idea of what to do but cnn.cn has replacement parts as well as a last resort.
    03-23-08 10:11 AM
    what I would recommend is have sprint replace the phone. Take it into a service center and tell them something in the line of( your phone randomly restarts) most likely their gonna check it out and tell you your is fine. now what you do is walk out the door and come back 5 mins later, telling them it just did the same thing. now they are just gonna replace it. trust me it works.
    03-23-08 11:50 AM
    what I would recommend is have sprint replace the phone. Take it into a service center and tell them something in the line of( your phone randomly restarts) most likely their gonna check it out and tell you your is fine. now what you do is walk out the door and come back 5 mins later, telling them it just did the same thing. now they are just gonna replace it. trust me it works.
    lol i love that idea
    03-23-08 11:57 AM
    I find that a little dishonest to say the least.
    03-23-08 01:01 PM
    I find that a little dishonest to say the least.
    How deep is the scratch? I don't know if you can fix a scratch on that 100% if its really deep.
    03-23-08 01:17 PM
    To change the screen and will probably be the same investment as getting the products to try to fix it. Ebay has screens for 10-12 shipped, and usually include the tools needed to change it. Its fairly simple, i would try that before getting a new BB, changing PINs is a PITA.
    03-23-08 01:21 PM
    How deep is the scratch? I don't know if you can fix a scratch on that 100% if its really deep.
    Regardless of how deep the scratch is, to return it on the falsehood of a bad OS so you can get a new BB without a scratch feels dishonest to me.

Either take care of it by replacing the screen or put a BSE on it to prevent further damage.
    03-23-08 02:38 PM
    Regardless of how deep the scratch is, to return it on the falsehood of a bad OS so you can get a new BB without a scratch feels dishonest to me.

Either take care of it by replacing the screen or put a BSE on it to prevent further damage.
    Dishonest? you probably work for a carrier. you are probably the only one on CB that thinks any of the carriers really care about us subscribers.

example: the majority of people with sprint or verizon BB pearls(including myself) only has to phone because the curve is not out. when it does come out those same carriers are gonna charge 5 to 6 hundred to loyal customers and 2 to 3 hundred to new customers. now thats dishonest if you ask me.

what I am gonna do is call to cancel my service the day the curve comes out. Me knowing sprint, they are gonna offer me whatever phone i want at the new customer price ( with no mailin rebates). the end result is sprints happy for keeping a customer and im happy for getting a shinny new curve at new customer price. I can keep going............
    03-23-08 04:04 PM
    Nope...don't work for a carrier and Nope...I've had run-ins with VZW as well with prior phones...

Doesn't mean 2 wrongs make a right....
    03-23-08 04:10 PM
    I wasn't suggesting that starzsky do that but ok...I was just asking how deep the scratch was because the scratch fixes cant do anything for really deep scratches I was going to suggest just fixing it.
    03-23-08 04:12 PM
    I wasn't suggesting that starzsky do that but ok...I was just asking how deep the scratch was because the scratch fixes cant do anything for really deep scratches I was going to suggest just fixing it.
    raylol...sorry if my post felt directed specifically towards you...it wasn't my intention.
    03-23-08 06:25 PM
    raylol...sorry if my post felt directed specifically towards you...it wasn't my intention.
    np was just saying besides if the person reported the phone stolen he can't do any of that.
    03-23-08 06:34 PM
    Dishonest? you probably work for a carrier. you are probably the only one on CB that thinks any of the carriers really care about us subscribers.

example: the majority of people with sprint or verizon BB pearls(including myself) only has to phone because the curve is not out. when it does come out those same carriers are gonna charge 5 to 6 hundred to loyal customers and 2 to 3 hundred to new customers. now thats dishonest if you ask me. - I HATE THAT, I THINK THAT IS SO UNFAIR!! AND YES I HAVE A PEARL BECAUSE THEY DON'T MAKE A CURVE (YET).

what I am gonna do is call to cancel my service the day the curve comes out. Me knowing sprint, they are gonna offer me whatever phone i want at the new customer price ( with no mailin rebates). the end result is sprints happy for keeping a customer and im happy for getting a shinny new curve at new customer price. I can keep going............I PLAN ON DOING THE EXACT SAME THING.
    I've had my pearl for a month now and I've dropped it, so it has a boo or two, and I've been thinking about getting a replacement, but I keep telling myself the Curve is comming soon just be patient. and take better care of my phone next time.
    03-24-08 02:24 PM
    Well I took a look at my phone under the light and the scratches really don't seem that deep. It's just annoying as **** cuz right now I have a rainbow effect going on with my screen right at the top where I have to read all my texts. So if replacing the screen is easy and cheap, I might take that route. Just what part comes out? Does it involve the color as well cuz I don't want to get something that doesn't match 100%. I love my red pearl...

03-24-08 04:46 PM
    Well I took a look at my phone under the light and the scratches really don't seem that deep. It's just annoying as **** cuz right now I have a rainbow effect going on with my screen right at the top where I have to read all my texts. So if replacing the screen is easy and cheap, I might take that route. Just what part comes out? Does it involve the color as well cuz I don't want to get something that doesn't match 100%. I love my red pearl...

Listening to the HONEST bb techs on CB is gonna have you void your warranty.
    please dont mess up replacing that screen. All Sprint is gonna say is $499.98+tax+upgrade fee+activation fee because Sprint is so HONEST!!!!
    lol!!!

to save yourself a lot of money please just tell sprint the phone is acting crazy. The people in the service center doesnt get a dime more or less for replacing your phone. let me know how it goes.
    03-24-08 11:07 PM
    I've had my pearl for a month now and I've dropped it, so it has a boo or two, and I've been thinking about getting a replacement, but I keep telling myself the Curve is comming soon just be patient. and take better care of my phone next time.
    I forgot to say. thanks for your support. I guess its the NewYork in us.
    03-24-08 11:08 PM
    So what exactly can I tell these people to get my phone replaced without having to pay my 50 dollar deductible? I mean, I don't know about all the Sprint techs everywhere else but here they aren't very easy to get to do things for the customer to make them happy.

03-25-08 06:11 PM
    You can't use honesty and cell phone carrier in the same sentence get real.
    03-25-08 07:32 PM
    Okay. So I've been thinking and is sprint a carrier that will replace your pearl if you have the "memory leak" problem? I actually do have this and it occurs just about every night so it's starting to get a little annoying after a month of having my pearl. It's a valid reason I think, for a replacement, especially since I've now scratched my screen. I won't feel as guilty saying that since it's true. But has anyone out there had luck with getting a replacement from Sprint for this reason??

03-25-08 07:38 PM
    Okay. So I've been thinking and is sprint a carrier that will replace your pearl if you have the "memory leak" problem? I actually do have this and it occurs just about every night so it's starting to get a little annoying after a month of having my pearl. It's a valid reason I think, for a replacement, especially since I've now scratched my screen. I won't feel as guilty saying that since it's true. But has anyone out there had luck with getting a replacement from Sprint for this reason??

If you tell them that, they are gonna tell thats it a known issue and BB is working on it. So have a nice day!!!!

just tell them your phone cuts off randomly. their gonna tell you they upgraded the software and everything should be fine. you are gonna walk out the, then return telling them it just did the same thing. they are going to give you a new phone.
    03-25-08 11:19 PM
    Go on ebay and purchase the faceplate. Cost is about 20.00. I just ordered mine.
    03-27-08 06:08 PM
    Cnn.Cn is really good. I just got a replacement track ball for my pearl as well as the casing. Its preety inexpensive too. You can also try bbrepairshop.com.

03-27-08 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD