Got my Pearl (Verizon service) 6 days ago, and have experienced 2 memory leaks so far, with all text messages and call logs deleted. I've been performing routine maintenance based on what I've read here and deleted a few apps to increase the free memory.

Just purchased a media card, and would like to transfer text/picture messages to the card to get them off the device memory. From what I understand, I need to create an inbox on the media card -- how do I do this??

After reading many, many threads, can't seem to find the answer. Help would be GREATLY appreciated -- thanks.
    07-16-08 02:06 PM
    You cannot save SMS or MMS to a media card. You can move saved pictures on the device memory to the media card. Browser to the image, press menu, and move.
    07-16-08 02:13 PM
    Yeah, believe me, I wish it had this feature. The best thing you can do is to follow one of the guides to cleaning out your blackberry to get more memory out of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-08 02:25 PM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!

Everyone on here would love to see this feature.
    07-16-08 02:27 PM
    Thank you so much - I appreciate it.

I've only had the BB for 6 days. Have not downloaded any applications, deleted several (foreign languages, etc.), and transferred all pictures to the media card. Also cleaned out my email and text messages -- now down to about 5 texts. Use the memory cleaning feature daily and just did a battery pull.

With all of this, I can only get the device memory up to around 16 000 000. Is this normal?
    07-16-08 02:29 PM
    That sounds about right. After all my cleaning process I ended up with 17.9, but i also got rid of brickbreaker, the help app and other things that i don't really need. I've been told as long as it's above 10 at all times your doing good.
    07-16-08 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD