HELP!

I want to transfer mixed media to my Pearl 8130 (Sprint).
    I have BB Desktop + Roxio
    My regular syncing works fine, Roxio opens fine (although slowly), but I can't access the media card. I can see my BB in the bottom pane and the mem stick in my laptop, but not the media card. I can't even see it in Windows Explorer (running XP).

What to do, what to do??
    06-20-08 03:13 PM
    Is Mass storage Mode Support On and enabled? Go to options>Media Card and make sure its on and enabled.
    06-20-08 03:19 PM
    I have it set to Auto, should I just make it Yes?
    06-20-08 03:20 PM
    try changing it to yes that and see if that works
    06-20-08 03:21 PM
    ...nothing happened when I changed it to YES instead of Auto.
    Any other suggestions? PLEASE?! (pleaded the frantic newbie whose Crackberry addiction is making her thumbs itch....)
    06-20-08 03:26 PM
    Unplug it do a battery pull and plug it back in. Other than that I dont know what else would cause that. Do you have anything on the card right now? If not try formatting it as well. Itchy thumbs.. oh no better get this fixed fast lol
    06-20-08 03:30 PM
    Hmm, although the screen flashes "Media Card Inserted" or "Media Card Removed" it never shows me a folder or directory for it...there's nothing on the card because I haven't been able to access it.

(developing that tell-tale thumb twitch....)
    06-20-08 03:40 PM
    Options>Media card then press the menu button and select format card.
    06-20-08 03:44 PM
    Thanks for being patient with this Addict!
    So I formatted the card, and it gave me the thumbs up.....so do i have to plug it into BB Desktop to see if i can access the media card? I haven't seen an Explorer-type window anywhere. Where's that good stuff at?!

:::twitch:::scratch:::
    06-20-08 03:48 PM
    Plug it in now and open My Computer and it will be a removable disk drive.
    06-20-08 03:51 PM
    Is it working?
    06-20-08 04:01 PM
    Maybe it's a driver issue? or reboot my laptop?
    06-20-08 04:06 PM
    Can you try something go into media and press the menu button and select explore. When in there you should see Device memory and media card. if you dont see media card in there then there may be something with the card itself. If it is there then there is something wrong with your connection to your laptop.
    06-20-08 04:11 PM
    See if there's a conflict of Drive letters...

Right click on My Computer
    Click on Manage
    Then on Disk Management

In the bottom right Pane you should see
    Disk 0
    Disk 1
    CD Rom
    etc...
    You should see some Disk X with however many Gigs of storage your media card is.

Right Click on this and change Drive Letter to something else.
    06-20-08 04:23 PM
    ...directly on the Pearl, I can navigate to the media card (this is a first!). So do I need to adjust any settings here so I can see it when I reconnect to my laptop?

(many many thanks for your help, too!) ::twitch, scratch::
    06-20-08 04:29 PM
    Hey, thanks for offering a suggestion!

When I Manage from My Computer, I only see my DVD and the Memory Stick in my laptop, no other blips on the radar, no yellow triangles in Device Manager.

Did I miss a screen somewhere in between? (I am guilty of a heavy finger an often *click* quickly)

+++++++++
    EDIT: Wait, you said right click on My Computer, not IN my Computer...hold on, let me see if it works
    Last edited by Naima; 06-20-08 at 04:36 PM. Reason: My twitchy thumb made me scroll too fast...
    06-20-08 04:33 PM
    Do you by any chance have a password to lock your pearl?
    06-20-08 04:33 PM
    Do you by any chance have a password to lock your pearl?
    Password lock, No...but I do have the keyboard lock enables, so that I have to press altand the phone button to access the menu....should i turn that off?
    06-20-08 04:37 PM
    Hey, thanks for offering a suggestion!

When I Manage from My Computer, I only see my DVD and the Memory Stick in my laptop, no other blips on the radar, no yellow triangles in Device Manager.

Did I miss a screen somewhere in between? (I am guilty of a heavy finger an often *click* quickly)

+++++++++
    EDIT: Wait, you said right click on My Computer, not IN my Computer...hold on, let me see if it works
    Nope, I can see the other Disk 1, Disk 2, etc, but nothing that shows my media card as a drive at all.
    06-20-08 04:40 PM
    No just when u have a pw u need to enter it to enable mass mode but if u don't have one diseregard the question
    06-20-08 04:40 PM
    Does Desktop manager recognize your phone when u plug it in?
    06-20-08 04:46 PM
    Does Desktop manager recognize your phone when u plug it in?
    Yes Desktop Manager recognizes it and shows my PIN at the bottom when it's connected...

::scratch::
    06-20-08 04:47 PM
    Should it matter than my LED light is blinking red?
    Last edited by Naima; 06-20-08 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Because that just means I have unread mail, yes?
    06-20-08 04:49 PM
    Disk 0 should be the OS partition...
    Can you let me know what Disk 1 and Disk 2 are?
    If you have other Drives connected you may want to disconnect those so that in Disk Management you only see the
    1) your OS Drive
    2) media card (when you have the phone connected to your laptop)
    06-20-08 04:49 PM
    @NDO:
    When I went to Media/Menu/Explore before (unconnected), I could see the Media Card, no problem (it has the default media folders on it and everything!)....now, connected again, i went to the same menu, and its gone.
    06-20-08 04:51 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD