So I've browsed and browsed and I'm surprised nobody has really brought this up. It royally BUGS me!!

When ever I have my pearl set to ringer in the holster my ringtone song starts to play. Then when I go to pull the phone out of the holster the song stops for a sec, then restarts. Why doesn't it just keep playing? I know there are different setting for in the holster and out but this is rediculous. I've set the ringtone to the same song in and out so why does it restart once I take it out. I really don't like hearing the songs begining twice in a row. I"d rather actually start hearing some of the song.

Anyone got a solution to this madness??
    haha

01-11-08 12:25 PM
    During an incoming call, when you take the device out of holster, it takes the device a second to realize that it's NOT within the holster anymore. So, it then starts the out of holster profile, and thus the 'tone' starts over...
    01-11-08 01:11 PM
    so what your telling me is that there is no way to keep the same song playing w/o restarting when taking the phone out of the holster.

That's a bummer.

Sounds like a new OS update for next time
    01-12-08 12:03 AM
    I know this is an old thread, but I just got my BlackBerry Curve about a month ago and was wondering if anyone had come up with a solution for this, because it's annoying me too... Thanks!
    06-17-08 10:44 PM
    I know this is an old thread, but I just got my BlackBerry Curve about a month ago and was wondering if anyone had come up with a solution for this, because it's annoying me too... Thanks!
    I don't get it... Why not just leave it in the holster and let the song play, or take it out and answer the call?
    06-17-08 10:52 PM
    I don't get it... Why not just leave it in the holster and let the song play, or take it out and answer the call?
    When the BB is in it's leather holster you cant see who is calling you. So sometimes there is that delay where you take the phone out of the holster to see who it is. I don't know about the rest of you but I am a very indecisive person, so sometimes I need a moment to think about answering. While in my moment of pondering I don't exactly want the song to just stop, pause, then restart. Sometimes you just want to hear the song through.
    06-29-08 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD