Has anyone else noticed that the ringtone won't kick in until after a few rings?

It really bugs me and I was wondering if there was a way to get it to ring as soon as the phone recieves the call. (I won't even get into the fact that my phone doesn't ring until the person on the other line is on the second or third ring.)
    02-20-08 03:57 PM
    Try a battery pull.
    02-20-08 04:19 PM
    Tried it before. Doesn't solve anything. (Except my memory issues.)
    02-20-08 05:32 PM
    This sounds like it could be a problem with the phone itself or sprint then. It is not normal for the ringing to be delayed to you.
    02-20-08 05:48 PM
    Do you have it set for vibrate and ring? It can't do both at the same time, so first it vibrates either 1,2 or 3 times depending on your settings, then will start to ring. The vibrates count as rings on the other end.
    02-20-08 06:16 PM
    (I won't even get into the fact that my phone doesn't ring until the person on the other line is on the second or third ring.)
    May be a network thing... When I call my 8130 from my landline I consitently hear only 1 ring before Pearl rings.
    02-20-08 06:23 PM
    Do you have it set for vibrate and ring? It can't do both at the same time, so first it vibrates either 1,2 or 3 times depending on your settings, then will start to ring. The vibrates count as rings on the other end.
    I think it's a combination of this and what GadgetGeek said about the network issue. Thanks guys. I wish it could do both at the same time. I need all the hints I can get when my phone is ringing.
    02-20-08 08:18 PM
    Has anyone else noticed that the ringtone won't kick in until after a few rings?

It really bugs me and I was wondering if there was a way to get it to ring as soon as the phone recieves the call. (I won't even get into the fact that my phone doesn't ring until the person on the other line is on the second or third ring.)
    Hello all. New to the forum and the Blackberry. The ring issue. On my i870, which was trash from day one, there was a delay call setting. When set to delay "all" everything worked faster. What gives.. It was the i870. Anyway I was wondering, and looked for, the same setting / option on the 8130 to no avail. Like you "M4" I and my wife have the same problem on the 8130. Does anyone here know anything about this? Or has anyone discovered an alternate fix / solution to the problem?

Thanks in advance for any new input on this matter. Most excelent forum
    03-21-08 05:35 PM
    Sprint typically uses a higher slot cycle index (SCI) which allows the phone to only check for a ringer page every few seconds instead of constantly. This increases battery life and reduces network page channel load. It's ver annoying i agree. As of yet i have not found a way to reduce the SCI on the 8130. By default most sprint phones are set to 2. Setting them back to 0 or 1 will increase the speed at which the phone rings after being called.
    03-22-08 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD