I just received a Pearl 8130 from Alltel off Ebay. This is my first Blackberry so I have been jacking with it all day trying to figure everything out.

The person that had it before left everything on this phone including his Yahoo email account. When I went in and added my email accounts, it shows me the option to delete my accounts, but has no mention of this Yahoo account. I know I can "hide" the icon, but I wan't it deleted all together. Any ideas??

Thanks, and i'm sure I will have more questions to go.
    07-12-08 10:58 PM
    I'm a little confused. If he has left "everything" as you've said, I'd suggest wiping the device and starting from scratch. This way, everything that would be on it is yours; nothing to conflict with what someone else had.
    07-12-08 11:01 PM
    OK, I never saw that option anywhere. I guess I could do that and reload my contacts off Outlook again. Where is the option to wipe the device?

Thanks
    07-12-08 11:10 PM
    to do a wipe, go to options > security options > general settings, then hit the BB menu button and scroll to wipe handheld
    07-12-08 11:21 PM
    OK, I wiped the phone. When everything came back up and I went through the setup wizard, my email accounts I had added are still there in the "email setup." The accounts don't show up in the applications or anywhere on the device. Before wiping the phone they all showed up as a envelope icon and all the new messages went into the message icon on the home screen.

Sorry for my ignorance, the user manual has not been very helpful to me.
    07-12-08 11:49 PM
    First, do a battery pull. If that doesn't work hit menu>show all and see if the missing icons show up...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 11:57 PM
    OK, I wiped the phone. When everything came back up and I went through the setup wizard, my email accounts I had added are still there in the "email setup." The accounts don't show up in the applications or anywhere on the device. Before wiping the phone they all showed up as a envelope icon and all the new messages went into the message icon on the home screen.

Sorry for my ignorance, the user manual has not been very helpful to me.
    I think this happens if you dont resend your service books.
    07-13-08 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD