What is the green light for? Its still a mystery to me. Yes I know about the coverage LED thing to turn it off.

Is the gree light there just to let you know the power is working? Also is it am excessive drain on your battery?

Secondly, whenever I get messages I get a red light, but whenever I get phone calls that I miss I never get a red light, is there anyways to change it?

Finally I did see a thread here about the red light turning off after 10 mins, is there still no way to correct that? Thanks!

New blackberry user! Had it a day!

EDIT: At times it will blink green. I have no idea why! (Yes coverage is turned off)
    Last edited by xvxmatthewxvx; 11-17-07 at 01:03 PM.
    11-17-07 12:58 PM
    You basically answered your first question. LED Coverage Indicator - indicates that you are connected to your network. Not necessarily that the "power is working". And yes, it drains your battery.

As for the red light, I don't know about missed call but you sure can turn off your red light for messages. Just set your profile to no notification.

As for 10 minutes? hmmmm, I can't confirm that. Why don't you time it and find out and share your findings.
    11-17-07 02:02 PM
    Secondly, whenever I get messages I get a red light, but whenever I get phone calls that I miss I never get a red light, is there anyways to change it?
    If you go to phone> options> call logging> and select missed calls, you should get a missed call message, which should give you the red blinking light.
    11-17-07 02:26 PM
    If you go to phone> options> call logging> and select missed calls, you should get a missed call message, which should give you the red blinking light.
    That is not correct. That option only lets you log your missed calls onto your Message folder. It does not notify you of missed calls by blinking your red light.
    11-17-07 02:34 PM
    I mustve been extremely high this morning when the only message I had was a missed call with my profile set to silent on my Curve running .146/.62 and the red light was blinking.
    11-17-07 02:40 PM
    Oh so the green light everyone keeps talking about is the coverage indicator.....yeah thankfully that comes disabled when i got it or i would have been going crazy by now.
    11-17-07 02:44 PM
    lol that's funny GoDJ. You probably were.

It blinks red when you are receiving a call, once the person hangs up, it stops blinking. That's probably why you thought you received the red light notification for missed call. You saw it when the call was still going through and when you checked your device, you saw the missed call message on the screen.

Solution? Stop being high on crack.. lol. Be high on CB instead just kidding.
    11-17-07 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD