I keep getting the red led blinker every day or so when I have absolutely no reason for it to start blinking!

No sms, mms, bbm, app notifications (facebook, myspace, etc.), no missed calls. No NOTHING.

I even did a battery pull (with the device on of course) and it was still there during and after all of the start up procedures.

What gives? It's annoying when you don't know if you actually happen to miss a real notification because it's already blinking!

I even disconnected from the network and wifi and connected to each separately and it still blinked away.

Of course 15 minutes later it stops (like all notificaitons). But come on, it's not nice to blink for no reason!
    06-08-09 01:50 AM
    Do you use the Gmail app? That only blinks the REd LED, no sound notifications. And if you look at the Gmail App icon, it won't change to show new message. Only if you actually open Gmail will it stop blinking the red LED
    06-08-09 02:08 AM
    nope, not using the app, I love the built in push email. I think it finally stopped putting my sent messages that I sent from the PC in my inbox as well. that was super annoying.
    06-08-09 02:15 AM
    It happens to me once in a blue moon, probably more so because I use berrybuzz to change the color of my led for other things. If it doesn't happen frequently, I wouldn't worry about it but if it becomes a frequent occurance, you might want to call tech support

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 07:43 AM
    Its happened to me every so often but hasn't in a while.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 07:50 AM
    also, just read about this app on the crackberry homepage, it should solve your problem and reset your LED

LEDReset � RIMGeeks OTA
    06-08-09 08:57 AM
    Do you use TwitterBerry? I found that it would blink for a while after checking notifications...kinda annoying so I switched to uber twitter to resolve this...much better now
    06-08-09 09:32 AM
    ya I use twitterberry but it happens when all of my apps are closed.. the app switcher only has all of the standard BB apps listed as open. However, it might actually happen after that.. good point! I think that may be the problem.

Thank you mdorrett and redsoxrocker!
    06-08-09 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD