My BB every now and then will just stop sending or recieving data annd then I have to go into the Host Routing Table deal and register. There are no warnings, I just will notice that I'm not getting any information. I dont save text messages and delete all priors several times a day. I dont have any extra applications on the phone and have a sd card for my music.
    Does anyone know why it does this and have a solution to keep it from happening?
    05-29-08 01:14 PM
    Data loss of the type you mention is usually caused by improper provisioning within your carrier's network, or improper provisioning of your device.

Here's something you can try. First, do a battery pull for about 30 seconds and then power it up again (you'd be amazed at how many things that will fix).

If that doesn't work, go to Options>Mobile Network (yours will be similar if not the same), and run the diagnostic tests (I have that on my 8830, since yours is a newer device you should, too).

If the diagnostic tests don't reveal anything, choose "Start Provisioning", and set your data up again.

If the problem is still there, it just about has to be a problem on your carrier's end. Call them and request they fix it quickly, lest they suffer the wrath of Crackberry!
    05-29-08 01:19 PM
    The first time my phone di that to me I called Alltel (my carrier) and they told me the phone was just a bad phone and I had to replace it.
    hahahaha
    Anyway, i did try and do the diagnostic thing and it tells me the application is empty
    05-29-08 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD