ok i dunno what's going on.

before i had opera mini, my normal browser would work using the EDGE network on tmobile and so would my crackberry desktop icon.

now that i use opera mini, when i try to use the crackberry icon or my browser, it says that it is a wi-fi only application and i must make sure that a wi fi connection is established. why would i need that if i have EDGE?

help me

before, under manage connections, i had only the tmobile network turned on, but my wifi off. should i leave it on all the time? will that not eat my battery or memory?
    05-21-08 08:47 AM
    Go under your browser settings and change the default browser to "internet browser" as I'm sure at this point you will find it is set to "wifi browser"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-08 09:07 AM
    Inside of Browser/menu key/Options/Browser Configuration..at the very top..

As for your wifi question,shut it off if your not planning on using it, theirs no sense in having it on with no intention on using it,it will kill your battery faster..but not excessively fast..just faster..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-08 09:10 AM
    ok i did all that and now it's on internet browser, i had it on hotspot browser, which means it would only work on wi fi hotspots right?
    05-21-08 09:21 AM
    and what about my crackberry icon saying it's a wi-fi only service?
    05-21-08 09:22 AM
    and regarding the crackberry one, when i go to options and browser, it says hotspot so i change it to internet then i hit save and then i go back into it and it changes back to hotspot. it won't stay on internet. GRR

even after going to general properties and changing the default browser to internet, the browser configuration still won't let me keep it on internet.

but now it works. bb's are weird. lol
    05-21-08 09:29 AM
    That happened to me, too, with the CB icon. What I did was uninstall it and then re-installed it while on EDGE. Then I had no problem.

Another thing you can check, if you don't want to uninstall, is go to the Blackberry bookmarks and locate the Crackberry link...click menu>Edit bookmark and check that the browser says "internet browser."
    Last edited by anulke; 05-21-08 at 10:53 AM.
    05-21-08 10:51 AM
    I had been having the same problems since I first bought mine two days ago. I finally figured this out: Browser Options > General Properties > Default Browser > Hotspot Browser. This is the only way to actually save the browser setting; it won't save under "Browser Configuration".

Before that Opera Mini wouldn't even work for me. Now it works under both wifi and EDGE networks.
    06-01-08 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD