Hi all-- Over the last 2 weeks I have noticed that my radio (connection to the wireless/data network) will turn off on its own. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with battery life-- it happened with 80% charge and 40% charge.

I even went into the icon menu and moved the Network Connection icon to a spot further away from the top in case it was being pressed in my pocket by accident. Still-- the radio will turn off on its own without any input from me. My calls, emails, etc are all suspended during this time without my knowledge.

What gives? Anyone else have this problem? I've searched the forums but I can't seem to find any answers! I'm missing important calls and emails!
    04-29-08 11:40 PM
    Hi all-- Over the last 2 weeks I have noticed that my radio (connection to the wireless/data network) will turn off on its own. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with battery life-- it happened with 80% charge and 40% charge.

I even went into the icon menu and moved the Network Connection icon to a spot further away from the top in case it was being pressed in my pocket by accident. Still-- the radio will turn off on its own without any input from me. My calls, emails, etc are all suspended during this time without my knowledge.

What gives? Anyone else have this problem? I've searched the forums but I can't seem to find any answers! I'm missing important calls and emails!
    My daughter is having this issue also. Anybody have any suggestions??
    04-30-08 08:08 AM
    Try this 1st ... while the phone is turned on ... pull the battery out wait a few secs and replace ... the phone can take as much as 5 min to reboot ... hope this helps.
    04-30-08 08:10 AM
    Thanks for the reply rick! Unfortunately the tried-and-true battery pull was the first thing I tried... but with no luck. Anyone else have this problem or have this problem resolved?
    04-30-08 09:19 AM
    I also have the same issue but I noticed that mine occurs overnight after I have it auto off/on and it's not every day that occurs, mostly weekends. Luckly mine only seems to shut down the network after I go to sleep so I notice it in the morning. It has not occurred during normal hours.
    Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.
    04-30-08 11:16 AM
    I am having this problem as well can anyone help ???
    05-28-08 04:12 PM
    Ive had the same problem with my 8100. It happens about once a month. I just go to options and manually turn it back on. I have no idea why this happens. I just upgraded to the pearl 8120. I've only had it a week but have't had this problem yet.
    06-01-08 02:44 AM
    Radio??am I missing something on my 8830we? Is there any website like winamp where u can play internet radio stations on the BB? On my htc tilt I could stream winamp all day. any help or sites would be great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-08 03:43 AM
    Ive had the same problem with my 8100. It happens about once a month. I just go to options and manually turn it back on. I have no idea why this happens. I just upgraded to the pearl 8120. I've only had it a week but have't had this problem yet.
    I've actually had this problem with my 8120. I know it might happen there is a weak signal.
    06-01-08 06:09 AM
    I had this problem once but only on the first day of using it, not sure how I sorted it, sorry.
    06-01-08 08:23 PM
    I had the same problem with my last 8100 but so far not with my new one. No one in tech support could tell me why it did this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-08 08:35 PM
    This same thing happens to me everytime that the BB resets or is turned off. I did set it for auto on/off at night to help with the battery, but every morning the radio would be off. I found this to be annoying so I turned off that feature. I called Verizon support and they told me that it was an inherent feature of the phone...can anyone confirm or deny this?

Cheers!
    06-02-08 08:24 AM
    I live in an area with no service until about 3 minutes away from my house, and then spotty service for the next 5 minutes driving.

From what I can tell, when you go into an area with weak signal, it will shut it off in order to conserve battery life, as we all know, drifting in and out of service area is one way to kill your battery pretty quick and I have a tendency to turn my phone off before I start hitting this rough patch.

I don't know if it is a feature or a quirk or what. It works for me when I need it to, and it has not shut off in day to day activities. I have never noticed whether or not it was turned off in the mornings when I start my phone, however, as I usually turn the radio off then my phone anyways as sometimes I toy with the apps and games in the evening.

Living in the woods sucks, having a huge house and land makes up for having to walk 3 mins down the road to BB. lol
    06-02-08 08:16 PM
    Ok so I also have the same problem my phone has been used for almost 3 years already. From my dad and now it's mine, I've recently had it for almost a full year already and it did have some minor errors. And since a regular charger drains my battery the Sprint company said I "have" to charge it onto the computer. Now it was working just perfectly yesterday until last night, the radio suddenly turned off, every 5min. And I called my voicemail to turn it back on, and it worked for a short period of time but not anymore.
    -I've tried going to manage connections>>turn all connections on
    -yet it only turns on my bluetooth and not the radio
    -thus I've tried options>>advanced options>>host routing table>>register now
    -it did nothing
    -&&then this programming thing that sprint told me to do which was also
    -epik fail

so now I turn to you peoples to please help me?
    01-11-10 12:37 AM
    Happened to my friend and she had to get a new phone.. pretty sure its something to do with the phone .
    01-20-10 02:14 PM
    Hi there,

I had the same problem, tried all of the above (pulling the battery has worked in the past but not this time), next I contacted telus to make sure my last payment was received (it had been so I should have service), Lastly, I did the following with success:

Option> Advanced Options> Wireless Upgrade (It then told me that the radio had to be on to search for upgrades, I hit 'yes' or 'connect' and my radio was reconnected. There were no available upgrades but my radio was back on!

I hope this helps!
    02-02-10 08:07 AM
    I have had the same problem with the radio turning OFF And it is get more frequent and now turning off every minute. We have had 3 pearls all defective in less than a year. most had problems out of the box. When i took this one to the store they said sorry it's probably a Transistor. So i am filing a complaint for defective products through CCTS. In My opinoin no one should be held to a contract where the products are obviously defective. Word of advice demand it get warrantied imediately before they run you around until your warranty runs out.
    03-25-10 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD