I have think I tried everthing to do with the volume to make this louder is there any thing we can download or do to make the tone louder. All of the preloaded stuff is to quiet for me maybe it is just that way thanks...
    02-10-08 12:51 AM
    Did you change the profile settings for your current profile so that the ringtone is set to loud? I must say that a lot of people on here that complain about low volume on their device must be hard of hearing or something. The volume on my Curve is acceptable. Haven't thought it was too low at all.
    02-10-08 01:30 AM
    Assuming you are using the Loud Profile as sunkast mentioned, there's nothing else you can do with device settings. I'd suggest downloading louder ringtones... you can also tweak volume through any free audio editor program such as Audacity before downloading to device.
    02-10-08 07:37 AM
    in profiles (assuming it's on loud), scroll down to advanced -> click "loud (active)" -> phone -> here you can change the volume for in and out of holster. mine's on medium (default) and it's fine for me.

also, download some free ringtones here at cb.com and try those. maybe that will help.
    02-10-08 08:38 AM
    I have tried all that was mentioned. Thanks for the help anything little helps but I will try to dl some different ringtone to see if that help. Thanks again.
    02-10-08 09:32 AM
    welcome. let us know if it works for you. it may help someone else to know
    02-10-08 09:36 AM
    I have a curve and a pearl, and the volume on the curve is definitely louder, so it's not fair to shoot down a pearl user when they complain about volume. I kept all my curve settings on low, and I have to set the pearl to medium for my alerts and to high for my ringtone to get the same sound out of it.
    02-10-08 11:02 AM
    The volume variance between devices is interesting:

Curve louder than 8130 louder than 8830 WE
    02-10-08 11:59 AM
    Thanks I have tried all of the phones options and haven't much luck. I will have to try to dl ring tones to see if that will help. I will keep on trying... may put a new speaker system with some 6.5 behind it lol..
    02-11-08 10:26 AM
    yeah, let us know if that works. my pearl is w/ vzw and in holster and out of holster is set to medium and i can hear it across the house. sorry you're still having volume issues.

btw, i use tones that i got here at cb.com, not the ones included w/ the berry.
    02-11-08 10:57 AM
    Hi Silverr,

If you find that one ringtone, in particular, is lower in volume than some others you can try increasing the volume through an external program and then re-importing it to your BB.

I use Sony's SoundForge but Audacity (open source) should be able to do as good a job.

Of course, this won't fix the low speaker volume issue, if that's the problem.

I have an 8130 and haven't run across this issue. I've set mine to vibrate when in the holster, however, which works well for me on these cold winter days when I'm wearing 5 layers of clothing :-)

- Grant.
    02-11-08 11:47 AM
    Cool I will have to try that thanks.. Maybe I am just deaf or just used to a regular phone with loud tones.
    02-12-08 07:28 PM
    try this free tool: makeownringtone.com
    it adjusts the volume automatically
    02-23-08 09:47 AM
    I had the problem of not being able to hear notification sounds on my Blackberry 8830 (Verizon) until I found a post on here a couple of weeks ago. Now I can't find the post, so here are the simple instructions: (I like simple)
    From the Menu screen, scroll down to Media icon - click trackball.
    Scroll down to Ring Tones - click trackball.
    Choose All Ring Tones - click trackball
    Choose any selection - click trackball
    Increase the volume on the right side of your Blackberry to the highest level.
    Click on any selection.
    Notice a difference?
    This will set the default volume to the highest level on all ringtones.
    It definitely worked for me even after the Verizon reps told me it is a known problem for the 8830 with no solution.
    Good luck!
    04-28-08 12:54 PM
    To get free LOUD ringtones go to myxertones.com from there you can register for free, search for any ringtone, then click "customize" before you send it. What's cool is you can choose what part of the song you want, AND also adjust the volume. After you have made changes, send it.
    04-28-08 12:55 PM
    These websites that offer free ringtone makers... Why do they do it? and whats the risk in using them? What exactly is Dacur doing by that tree? lol
    Last edited by Sunmark; 04-28-08 at 05:35 PM. Reason: sidenote
    04-28-08 05:34 PM
    Televator....your tip worked for me. Thanks!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-08 07:14 PM
    This goes out to Sunkast....if these questions annoy you....its very simple...don't answer. This forum is different than all the rest, IMO I think it should be kept that way. Newcomers will not want to ask if they're met with mean spirited responses.

04-29-08 07:24 PM
    Actually thanks to weavingmaniac for the tip. Televator I will try yours later.

04-29-08 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD