I just traded in my Voyager for the pearl 8130 today. I backed up my contact list into a text file on my computer. Is there a program where I can type (using my computer) the contacts in and send them to my BB? I'm not used to the keyboard on the pearl yet, so I hope thats not my only route. Thanks in advance.
    07-19-08 08:29 PM
    If you use Outlook, you can put your contacts into Outlook and sync. Other option...go to a Verizon store and have them transfer your contacts for you.
    07-19-08 08:34 PM
    Yep those are the 2 best options.
    07-19-08 08:35 PM
    I am a Merits customer and they transferred it for free. Just ask. How did you trade in the Voyager? Did you exchange it?
    07-19-08 08:36 PM
    I sold it on craigslist, so all i have is a text file with name and number =\
    07-19-08 08:43 PM
    You might be able to use Works spreadsheet or Excel to make a list and then sync up with desktop manager.

If you put in one contact then configure synchronization for ASCII import/export one sync from device it will save it as a .csv file that you can open in spreadsheet and it will have the contact and all the headers like name, number, etc. Then just fill in the info and sync it back to the device the same way.

Make sure you just synchronize just the contacts. Don't do the calender or tasks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by yoe-yoe; 07-20-08 at 01:01 AM.
    07-20-08 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD