just recently picked up this phone, am new to blackberrys though, i have no problems really understanding the functionality of this phone but do have a few questions still.

1. i enabled java but am still told at many sites i surf to that i need to turn it on.

2. some sites that said i needed java on before only show up as blank pages now when i try to load them. "hotmail" for example.

3.is there any better desktop management software for this phone other then what came with it. "motorola phone tools" for example was a much nicer setup as far as i am concerned.

4. does this phone or any blackberry support video feeds, like youtube etc? seeing as that is one of the sites that tells me to enable java even though it is enabled.

any help or answers for these would be greatly appreciated. once again as i said i am new and would appreciate nice, polite, preferably non rude answers.

thank you

Don
    07-24-08 02:56 AM
    For 1. and 2., go into your Browser/Menu/Options/Browser Configuration/ and make sure every box is checked, Style Sheets Media Type is "Blackberry," and that Emulation Mode is "Blackberry."

For 3., no, the Blackberry doesn't come with PIM tools. It integrates tightly with Outlook. There are also 3rd party apps, but I haven't used any of them. Pocket Informant is coming soon.

For 4., I don't know.
    07-24-08 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD