I recently bought a BlackBerry pearl 8120 and am currently a total noob with the device. After struggling for a few days I found this site, and found that I should contact Tmobile to get the Blackberry Feature enabler added to my account to get MMS and IM to work (I don;t have a data plan, but have unlimited texting). They did this, and I waited the 24 hours as advised. I am still getting lowercase uma, still unable to send MMS, and still get "service not enabled for this handheld" when trying to sign into IM

I've contacted Tmobile multiple times, and restarted the phone multiple times (including pulling the battery), and nothing seems to be able to take care of this. They have re-sent my "service books" multiple times, and had me reinstall the IM programs multiple times (i'm using the ones that came pre-installed), but still no go.

When I look at my service book's these are the ones that are listed:

Tmobile USA WAP 2 Browser Config
    Timbile USA WAP2.0 Transport
    MMS Config
    Wap Push Config
    Wifi Tcp/IP Browser
    Wifi Tcp/IP Transport

Am I missing any service books?

Again, I'm a total noob with the blackberry so there could very well be somehthing I'm doing wrong, but I'm just wondering if anybody here could tell me what I should try from this point? Thanks so much for any help!!
    05-06-08 09:57 AM
    anybody???
    05-06-08 04:37 PM
    Shot in the dark but check these settingsptions/security/firewall. Not sure if this is your problem but had similar issue with email.
    05-06-08 05:08 PM
    im kinda curious about this too cause like u i just got the blackberry pearl 8120 like a month ago but i havent put on the blackberry feature enabler, you should get UMA when you ask for the wap.voicestream.com to be put on your phone that helps with the wi-fi, and it works perfectly, now the blackberry feature enabler i believe should help with applications that dont work unless u hav a data plan so things like im and gmail should work, id get it just for the gmail becuase you can forward all your email accounts to gmail hope this helps
    12-27-08 01:55 AM
    My wifes pearl doesnt download mms, she can recieve them but cant view them, any help ?
    12-29-08 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD