Hey, I am currently a sprint user and I'll be upgrading to a bb 8130 tomorrow. I was wondering if I could load ringtones from my PC right on to the memory miniSD card and assign them as ringtones? I know you have to hack the v3m razrs and other verizon/sprint phones and I was wondering If you had to modify the bb 8130 at all or does it allow you to upload your own ringtones out of the box? Thanks again and sorry if this is a repost question -- Chris
    12-23-07 07:49 AM
    I just switched from a Moto Q to the Pearl and was concerned about the same thing. You can either drag the files directly from the computer onto the card, use the bb desktop manager software to get the files onto the card after connecting the device to the computer (PC only), or use Bluetooth file exchange. It's very simple, like you would it to be. Give suretype a few days to get used to, then there is no looking back. Enjoy.
    12-23-07 08:33 AM
    Ringtones work exactly as you would want them to. You can transfer any mp3 to the ringtones folder and it will appear in your list of ringtones. You can transfer thru media manager or bluetooth. It works very well.

I recommend trimming down mp3s with a free program call audacity. You can easily cut out the portion of the song you want to make your own ringtones. Also don't forget to check out the ringtones section on this site for a bunch of free ones.
    12-23-07 12:18 PM
    Also as a reminder, since you will be using the media card as storage for the ringtones, when you have your BB connected to your computer and a person calls with the assigned ringtone on the media card it will not play the assigned ringer.
    12-23-07 12:36 PM
    Thank you soo much! Hopefully, I'll get my bb activated within the next few hours thanks again for the good responses,

Chris
    12-24-07 02:06 AM
    anyone who has shadows fall ringtones can you share it with me?

peace! (^_^)
    12-24-07 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD