Hi! I just got a new Blackberry Pearl 8130 and I'm very new to the whole Blackberry thing. I'm starting to figure things out, thanks to this site especially! But I'm having a problem with my profiles. When I have the ringer set to normal, everything's fine. But when it's set to Loud, it just vibrates. It was doing this from the start and after doing a little research I figured out to go to the advanced options on the loud profile and I changed it to tone+vibrate both in and out of the holster. It worked for a day and now it's back to just vibrating again. I've checked and none of the settings had changed. So I changed it from tone+vibrate to just tone and it rings again. But I'd like it to be on tone+vibrate if at all possible. Any ideas why this is doing this? Thanks!
    09-06-08 10:55 PM
    Try a battery pull...pull the battery out for 30s and then put it back in.
    09-06-08 11:02 PM
    I tried it and it still just vibrated. Thanks for responding though!
    09-06-08 11:13 PM
    In that case you might want to contact your service provider and exchange the phone for another one.
    09-06-08 11:20 PM
    I'm sure it might be some setting he might have on that he's not sure about. I don't think your first option should be to ask your service provider for another one.
    09-07-08 12:23 AM
    Hi try this - click the profiles button then scroll down to advanced. Make sure the loud profile is highlighted, click the menu button and select edit. Then scroll all the way down to phone and click on that and you can see what the selections are set to. There's an out of holster option and mine is set to vibrate and tone but you can select just vibrate so maybe somehow that was inadvertently selected.
    09-09-08 06:41 AM
    Do you want it to vibrate and ring at the same time? If so, look here:

VibAndRing - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

If not, you can change the number of vibrations. I put mine at one, so I can hear it ring after it vibrates.
    09-09-08 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD