Hello

I'm new to the forums. My Name is Mr. Eryozgatliyan, and I had a question about the BB desktop manager for VISTA.

I have recently purchased the Blackberry 8130 from Sprint, and I LOVE it

The only problem I have with it (thus far) is the Desktop manager.

Whenever I attempt to install some type of software I have obtained from the intraweb, I obtain the following message...

"No additional applications designed for your device were found"

I searched the web, and it stated that this means that I downloaded the wrong file for my version BB.

I attempt to install the application in this method.

1) Open the Application loader
    2)Let it go through the configuration process
    3)Click ADD (When it gets to the device application selection
    4)Select the item in which I wanted to install.
    4)Click open
    5) It then gives me the error message

Any ideas on what it could be? I am updated to the latest version of the FW. also, The software I am downloading is always for my 8130.

I am stuck... I would appreciate any help. Thank you
    01-15-08 11:25 PM
    Hello and welcome.
    What they don't explain to well is that in order to use the Desktop Manager(DT) that you need the have the device's operating software also installed on your computer.
    Do a search for this and there are a ton of threads with the same problem.
    01-16-08 04:33 AM
    I also have the same issue. I'm dl'ing the Sprint 8130 multilanguage now (something.something.137).

If I install this on my PC, this isn't going to change or overwrite any settings on my phone when I sync is it?

Seems like this is one of the first things you needed to do when you got your phone...
    01-16-08 08:35 AM
    I also have the same issue. I'm dl'ing the Sprint 8130 multilanguage now (something.something.137).

If I install this on my PC, this isn't going to change or overwrite any settings on my phone when I sync is it?

Seems like this is one of the first things you needed to do when you got your phone...
    What are you downloading? The Desktop Manager software or Device OS software?
    01-16-08 09:28 AM
    The OS software. I was brave and did it. However now it wants to update and put languages back in that I removed. Any way to stop this repeated update process?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-08 01:53 PM
    Let it do it's thing.
    After you can go back in and remove them along with the preloaded pictures if you want. But by removing the pictures you will also free up about 2 meg.

Also I see you are updating using the Sprint ver. Here is the latest. This will work to.
    Read thru and follow the instructions on how to delete the vendor.xlm file.
    There is also a link on how to delete the pictures.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/all...ailable-13470/
    Last edited by Member_No.1; 01-16-08 at 02:06 PM.
    01-16-08 02:02 PM
    This is a common problem. I experienced the problem myself when I first got my BB. You would think that RIM would add this to the installation instructions or to the setup itself. **HINT**HINT**
    01-16-08 02:52 PM
    Thanks, guys. I wasn't updating - just putting the OS software on the PC so I could load programs. I had only the DM and so I was getting the same error message as the OP. My version is working quite well and if it ain't broke I ain't "fixing" it.
    01-16-08 03:30 PM
    Thank you very much for your replies. I really appreciate them

I followed your instructions, and searched some keywords then found the appropriate software for my PC via the blackberry / downloads section (I would link you, but I am too much of a noob to be able to do that yet

It seems that I installed something correctly, because I now have another option in my Blackberry Desktop manager, and it is "Synchronize certificates". Either that, or it was there before, and I never noticed it.

I still have the same problem. I have searched for over an hour now, and can not find any step by step instructions on how to achieve my goal for my sprint, blackberry 8130 running on Vista.

Do you think that it could be a problem with Vista? It seems that everyone blames something on Vista these days, so I figured it would be a place to start.

Thank you very much for reading. Especially you , Member_no.1 Thank you~!

01-18-08 04:34 PM
    Mr. Eryozgatliyan, I have Vista also, and the problem you describe is due to the "Device Software" All you need to do is go to (BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites) and navigate to your carrier and download and install the "Device" software, it's around 70MB and it should update the device so that you can install programs via the Desktop Mgr.

Hope that helps. I got caught up on the "Desktop" manager, and downloaded that 300MB file 2 times before I realized there was a "Device" update
    01-19-08 04:51 AM
    Cammy1174, Thank you very much for your tip

However, this is the software I have already downloaded.

Is there a specific way of installing it (Like under a certain directory or something) That I am missing? Unfortunately, The software for my Carrier does not come with a read me or anything. This stinks I want to buy software for my phone but cant because of this situation.
    01-19-08 09:03 PM

Is there a specific way of installing it (Like under a certain directory or something) That I am missing? Unfortunately, The software for my Carrier does not come with a read me or anything. This stinks I want to buy software for my phone but cant because of this situation.
    01-19-08 09:04 PM
    I am with Verizon, so I'm not sure how the sprint update will work, but I just ran mine (with my BlackBerry plugged into the computer) and it updated the phone automatically.

I'd say if it isn't working for you, if no one here has Sprint and knows of any specific thing you need to do, might want to just call or kick Sprint support an email about it.
    01-20-08 01:42 AM

Mr.E,
    Did you download the OS updated software from the link I gave you?
    If not then do that. Then go to the directory where you downloaded it, right click on the file, then run as administrator. After the install, follow the rest of the instructions on how to delete the vendor.xml.
    Then start the DT manager, plug in you BB, then it should ask if you want to upgrade. Then follow the prompts, and after it's all done, you DT should work for you to download apps. Hope I spelled this out clearly for you. If not then give a holler.
    I am running Vista and didn't have any issues.
    01-20-08 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD