O.K. I charge my 8110 each night on the bedside table as I also use it for my alarm. As of late the wifey has been complaining about incoming e-mails, text, bbm's tones in the middle of the night (I sleep right through 'em). So no big deal I figure I'll just use auto on/off. So the first night I wake at 3 am to this bright green light in my eye! I was half asleep so I just covered it up. The next night I watched it when it was scheduled to turn itself off and it does so, then began flashing green until fully charged then stays green. I can get around this by just putting the phone on vibrate and leave it on but I won't remember to do this each night and I don't want to change profile every night and morning. I checked the settings. Status light is turned off. Is there something else I'm missing?
    08-17-08 03:37 PM
    No I don't imagine that you can turn off the charging green LED, only the coverage indicator. I would say turn it face down but that may damage your trackball so instead maybe cover the LED w/ a piece of mail or a sock so it doesn't keep you from sleeping.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 04:05 PM
    I just don't understand....it doesn't flash while charging if the phone is on....only when off? WTF?
    08-17-08 04:11 PM
    You should dip the phone in water.. about .. half of the phone up to the keypad

Tell me if that helps :P lol
    08-17-08 04:17 PM
    Yea it makes sense b/c if its on you can see the little plug next to the battery indicator so you know its charging but if its off, a light is the only way to know whether its charging or not.

08-17-08 04:20 PM
    Yea it makes sense b/c if its on you can see the little plug next to the battery indicator so you know its charging but if its off, a light is the only way to know whether its charging or not.

I guess so.
    08-17-08 04:26 PM
    You should dip the phone in water.. about .. half of the phone up to the keypad

Tell me if that helps :P lol
    Does your mother know you're online?
    08-17-08 04:27 PM
    I put mine partially in the sleeve; just enough to cover the LED. Can still charge and not see the light!
    08-18-08 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD