hey,im new here and so very happy i have found you guys...i just got my blackberry pearl 8130 about 2 hours ago...i was wondering,until i buy the screen protectors,have any of you left the protective plastic on the phone that came with it? also,what kind of skins do you recomend for the phone? i have the pink pearl 8130..thank s
    06-24-08 12:37 PM
    I don't see any harm in leaving the plastic cling used to protect the BB during shipping. But I would get screen protection or full body if you want. Invisable shield and best skins ever are popular choices. They both have screen and full body optionsm you will find tons of threads here about both of them. There are other options as well. I have invisible shield full body on my 8330. I am quite happy with it. I use boxwave screen protection on my palm T5. Its thicker than the invisible shield. They have screen protection for a number of BBs. I personally have no experience with any other protection other than the cheap 3M ones that you get like around 10 for like $3-4. Those I would not trust to prevent gouging from keys or accidents involving sharp objects contacting the screen.

You will probaly want to concider a good case to help protect from hitting the ground/floor in the event its dropped or knocked off of a table or what not.
    06-25-08 12:26 AM
    Ok - I had my BB for about a day and it got a chip to the screen .. was so gutted!

I bought a protective screen off eBay for about 99p and it was great because you couldn't really tell it was there and the picture was still sharp. However - after about a week, it begun to peel and so I don't have it on there anymore.

I do have a Blackberry rubber case for my phone though that protects the back and sides. It looks quite good with the phone aswell so would recommend having a look and investing!
    06-25-08 01:56 PM
    Get a screen skin and a whole body skin from Best Skins Ever Home Page for $6.99! It's made of the same material that Invisible Shield uses but Best Skins sells if for half the price. Also their shipping is MUCH faster than Invisible Shield. Invisible Shield's screen cover took 3 weeks to get to me whereas Best Skins took a week or less. I've had it on my 8130 since November and I love it! Not a scratch on my BB.
    06-25-08 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD