im having some issues streaming radio onto the blackberry from a station back home...i know that there are lots of internet radio sites that stream with no problems with the bb, but im trying to get this one to work on mine so i dont have to sit by the computer to listen to the morning show...

www.
    kqrs.
    com

any help would be very appreciated as i am a newb
    02-04-09 01:54 AM
    There are applications/web sites, out there that allow you to listen to radio stations. They stream the audio in a format the Blackberry can handle. Some are free, some are not, check the 3rd Party Apps on this forum for more info.

I use moodio (moodio.fm), it's a free site with a great deal of stations available, and it has the ability to allow users to add stations if they are not currently supported. If it's not listed you'll need to find the direct url to the audio stream. The web site has a guide to do this.

I'd recommend you have an unlimited data plan no matter what program you use. Not everything is supported. Do some research at moodio's site and the 3rd party apps thread here at Crackberry.
    02-04-09 02:12 PM
    ill have to give it a whirl...i do have the unlimited data plan - figured it was a good idea to get so i dont have to worry about the charges
    02-04-09 06:24 PM
    just did it and it works great!!!! thanks for all the help...i called both alltel and blackberry tech support trying to figure this out and no help; two minutes after i read your post i had it streaming
    02-04-09 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD