I just got my Sprint BB Pearl 8130 a week ago and this is the best phone I have had (besides not being able to send MMS) but I have tried to sync the phone to my PC and the desktop manager slows down to a crawl and pretty much every time I use it it freaks out and freezes up. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a newer version of the desktop manager that I can dl to fix this? thanks!
    07-27-08 09:07 PM
    Mine freezes too. So now I make sure that I close my browser and any desktop aps. It takes a few minutes to get going and then its fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 11:56 PM
    I just got my Sprint BB Pearl 8130 a week ago and this is the best phone I have had (besides not being able to send MMS) but I have tried to sync the phone to my PC and the desktop manager slows down to a crawl and pretty much every time I use it it freaks out and freezes up. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a newer version of the desktop manager that I can dl to fix this? thanks!
    Welcome to CB. It would help us if you could better explain in more detail and specifics as to the problems you are having with Desktop Manager. What is it exactly you are doing or trying to do? Are there any error messages? When does it freeze?
    07-28-08 12:00 AM
    mind does the same thing slows down / freezes / i think my fire wall has some thing to do with it i though my phone was toast last night when i had it hooked to my computer.
    07-28-08 05:37 AM
    What version are you using? If you are using 4.3 you will have error sometimes. 4.5 and 4.6 are much more stable. Vista also causes a great many problems if you don't install as the admin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-08 06:08 AM
    I am having alot of problems with my desktop manager also. It runs slow and it doesn't show that my phone is connected when I am in the Media Manager. I look at all of the options in the Media Manager and everything is blank...showing nothing in each field. I just updated my OS and when I did this I had to update my desktop manager to 4.5...can I switch back to the older version with my new OS?
    07-28-08 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD