My problems started out with repeated KVM Error 102.

After doing some reading, I figured I would have to re-install my OS. I followed 3-4 different guides (most found on these forums), and ran into the same 2 problems.

1) If I tried loading the OS via AppLoader, it would connect to my BB and then not give me any options to install an OS. I suspect this might be because the OS install files from my carrier were .exe, and it's looking for .msi.

The exact message is: "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless provider yada yada yada."

Unfortunately I can't do that because my phone is dead.

When I do get AppLoader to work, it locks up on net_rim_cldc.cod. Couldn't find any solution to this issue...

2) If I tried updating my OS via the Desktop Software, it locks up midway through installing files and says the connection was lost (or something similar).

I walked into a Rogers store to ask for help and they were basically useless. They asked if I had hooked up my phone to a computer, and that I would need to call Rogers (which I can't do, because I have no working phone).

I'm basically at a loss... every how-to guide ends up at the same spot (either AppLoader or the Desktop Software), and both do not solve my problem.

Am I doing something wrong here? Or am I just missing some crucial step?

I have an 8120 from Rogers.
    Last edited by seanvdb; 01-02-10 at 12:17 PM.
    01-02-10 11:04 AM
    My phone is also showing various errors. 507, 545, and one other I've forgotten. They all show up after failed OS installs/upgades.
    01-02-10 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD