I was in another thread and I saw this....

Have you completed John Clarks memory thread? I have and I am running 25-30 MB free including apps that I have installed.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html
    My question is this...

Does anyone have a stripped down version of the OS for a Sprint Pearl 8130 available for loading available?

While it would be a learning experience going through the guide and messing up and bricking my device, I would much rather capitalize on the experience of those that have gone before me and avoid an expensive and heartbreaking ordeal. AND I'd have the benefit of having 20-30MB free at all times.

So, can anyone provide?

TIA,
    Dm
    03-18-08 09:29 PM
    just curious as to what your file free currently is?
    03-18-08 09:33 PM
    Just follow the man's guide, step by step. You Have to jump in the pool sometime. After doing this, with a few themes, viigo, espn, and opera, I have 22 Meg free on my pearl.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-08 09:43 PM
    just curious as to what your file free currently is?
    Ha ha haaaaa....

It's sitting at 13mb free.

That 20-30 mb free is sooo alluring.
    03-18-08 09:44 PM
    I'm running at a 21 mb constant and I have a bunch of apps as well. The thread is a good tool.
    03-18-08 09:49 PM
    i have a pearl and about seven games, always at least two to three extra themes, google maps, and that's about it. i usually have b/t 17.5 and 14mb free. battery pull always frees some up. and obviously you need to frequently clear your browser cache. these are things you just have to do on a regular basis. with 17.5 - 14mb my pearl works great.

i know how you feel - it would be great to have more. i may delete bb maps, help, and a few more but i don't really have to. good luck to you!
    03-18-08 09:51 PM
    Worked for me I have 33 free

03-18-08 09:51 PM
    Just follow the man's guide, step by step. You Have to jump in the pool sometime. After doing this, with a few themes, viigo, espn, and opera, I have 22 Meg free on my pearl.

Crud, I was hoping you would provide.
    I really don't want to wreck my little one

Dm
    03-18-08 09:52 PM
    Crud, I was hoping you would provide.
    I really don't want to wreck my little one

Dm
    just create a backup before you do anything and you can always reload the backup if need be. no worries
    03-18-08 09:54 PM
    Its nearly impossiblt to brick the phone from this, only thing that i did, after i got a little greedy, was removed the BBDimension ZEN, which is what the others are built from, and it just gave me black and white, then i moved the theme back and all was well. It seems like a very long read, but he is very in depth, and its worth it!
    03-18-08 10:01 PM
    That is bar none, the best guide for BBs around. Except for Mr. Bean pickin anda grinnin..

03-18-08 10:36 PM
    see, even a guy(or gal) named PHONEBRKR could do it!! lol
    03-18-08 10:37 PM
    Detman, IMO its really best to follow the guide and do it yourself since you'll then be able to tailor your OS/content exactly as you desire vs. other folks choices & variations.
    03-19-08 06:50 AM
    Im on Telus with the 8130 and deleting what is mentioned only frees up a tad. It seams the Americans have a lot more added into their phones us Canadians.
    03-19-08 07:53 PM
    Well nevermind for now. All of my attempts at programming java applets or creating a stripped down OS are impossible right now.

I need some free time, I need to get away.
    I need the me time.
    Yeah...

Dm

03-19-08 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD