Hi there...I have looked around and went to various websites, but have had no luck doing what people have said to get my pearl to connect to my PC.

So basically, my pc nor desktop manager will detect the phone. I bought the phone second hand, but it registered with a provider with no problem, so its not locked or anything like that. No notice from my pc at all when i connect it to the USB.

Now its brand new cable, i've downloaded both the USB driver 4.5 and 4.6, no luck. I've installed the desktop manager that came with the phone, and ive downloaded the newest version from the internet - but still nothing.

Now the reason i really want to connect to PC is to transfer backgrounds and get a new theme. I have tried with an old phone, to add the themes to a micro SD card, but i can't find the themes (i guess due to file type) when i insert the card into the blackberry. Does any one know how to find the theme files in the blackberry with out bringing them directly to the BB themes folder?

Any help or advice would be great, thanks!
    06-22-10 07:16 PM
    Hi there...I have looked around and went to various websites, but have had no luck doing what people have said to get my pearl to connect to my PC.

So basically, my pc nor desktop manager will detect the phone. I bought the phone second hand, but it registered with a provider with no problem, so its not locked or anything like that. No notice from my pc at all when i connect it to the USB.

Now its brand new cable, i've downloaded both the USB driver 4.5 and 4.6, no luck. I've installed the desktop manager that came with the phone, and ive downloaded the newest version from the internet - but still nothing.

Now the reason i really want to connect to PC is to transfer backgrounds and get a new theme. I have tried with an old phone, to add the themes to a micro SD card, but i can't find the themes (i guess due to file type) when i insert the card into the blackberry. Does any one know how to find the theme files in the blackberry with out bringing them directly to the BB themes folder?

Whenever my PC doesn't detect I usually just restart with the phone plugged in, and it's detected on reboot. As far as themes, if you aren't installing them OTA use DM or a 3rd party program like BBSAK or BlackBerry Master Control Program to install the .cod/.jad file(s). CrackUtil can also be used. I don't install them through PC so I'm not overly familiar with the process, I just know it can be done this way.
    06-25-10 04:42 AM

Yea. I have exactly the same problem. I have all the settings set to allow mass storage mode and everything else, but no luck seriously need help...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD