Hey guys. I'm a newbie btw. I got my blackberry pearl last weekend and it has just been activated a couple days ago. Although this is my first blackberry, I'm alright with most things but I just can't figure out how to put pictures on it. I just want to put a couple pictures and 1 ringtone on my phone. My blackberry didn't come with any disks or anything. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Myles
    03-14-09 06:57 PM
    Plug it into CPU and enable mass media mode. Then you can just drag and drop songs to your berry.
    03-14-09 07:41 PM
    You really should buy a Media Card first. Your phone is a very good phone but it does not have a great deal of spare memoery.

The best thing to do is to buy yourself a microSDHC card (there's a link in my signature that will explainn the technicalities) and then install Desktop Manager that came on the CD with your phone. This is an essential step to do what I will describe in the next paragraph.

Once you have the card, you can set your camera to store its pictures on the card and to copy music and pics to and from your PC.

With the Media Card installed, goto Options, Media Card and set
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: None - unless you are paranoid
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Now when you connect your phone to the PC (provided DM is installed). The phone will prompt you to enable Mass Storage Mode. Select Yes and the Media Card will show up in My Computer as a new disk and then you can Drag 'n Drop your files to the correct places on the Media Card.

Desktop Manager must be installed on your PC and should be able to display your PIN number at bottom left of the DM panel when the phone is connected. This test confirms good working of the USB interface with the phone.

Desktop Manager MUST NOT be running for Mass Storage Mode to work or to be used.
    03-14-09 07:55 PM
    Thanks alot to both of you...but how do I enable the mass media thing? If you can give me some simple instructions it would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to hook this up before tomorrow. Thanks alot.
    03-14-09 09:09 PM
    ^^^Pete6 outlined it pretty well. Follow his lead and you should be on your way. Let us know if you still need help.
    03-14-09 09:38 PM
    I'm sorry guys.
    In my first post I outlines that my phone did not come with any disks or anything. And I also outlined that I don't have a card. Is there any alternate ways to put pics on without a memory card? I can't make it to the store tomorrow.
    03-14-09 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD