Hi...I am new here so bare with me,

I have a BB Pearl 8130 through Telus (Canada). Within the last couple days My phone has been constantly flashing its loading symbol like its trying to load something. I can still use the phones internet and dial out it just lags when you text message.

I tried to take it in to the store to see if they would replace it but they want me to deposit $200 on the phone to use a temporary phone. I just had my first child and our family is tight with money right now so I am trying to seek a more affordable way to fix it.

My platform is v4.3.0.65

I tried to install v4.5 several times through blackberry.com/support and it gives me an error that says "fatal error please try again" I tried a battery pull as well as switched the USB throughout the 5 that i have, to no avail.

I dont know if the flashing loading symbol has anything to do with my outdated platform. It kills my battery atleast %50 faster because it constanstly flashes.

If there is any way to fix this it would be muchly appreciated. Or if anyone else has had the same/similiar problem and could direct me towards some help it would help alot.

Thank you
    08-09-09 06:52 PM
    My only guess would be to restore it. Back it up first if you can so you can reload what you have right now.

Good luck!
    08-09-09 06:55 PM
    how do you restore it? im a noob
    08-09-09 06:57 PM
    are you talking about the hourglass in the middle like its loading?

definitely try a battery pull (im sure you have) and if it is the hourglass you could be just really low on memory and you might have to do a memory clean up

post back and tell me what you mean by the loading symbol
    08-09-09 06:58 PM
    Hi...I am new here so bare with me,

I have a BB Pearl 8130 through Telus (Canada). Within the last couple days My phone has been constantly flashing its loading symbol like its trying to load something. I can still use the phones internet and dial out it just lags when you text message.

I tried to take it in to the store to see if they would replace it but they want me to deposit $200 on the phone to use a temporary phone. I just had my first child and our family is tight with money right now so I am trying to seek a more affordable way to fix it.

My platform is v4.3.0.65

I tried to install v4.5 several times through blackberry.com/support and it gives me an error that says "fatal error please try again" I tried a battery pull as well as switched the USB throughout the 5 that i have, to no avail.

I dont know if the flashing loading symbol has anything to do with my outdated platform. It kills my battery atleast %50 faster because it constanstly flashes.

If there is any way to fix this it would be muchly appreciated. Or if anyone else has had the same/similiar problem and could direct me towards some help it would help alot.

Thank you
    By loading symbol are you talking about the data arrows? Maybe you have a weak signal and it's always searching, or you have an app like facebook that wants to update all the time.

For upgrading, download desktop manager 4.6 and the latest upgrade at the top of this forum, then follow the instructions on that post to load it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 07:00 PM
    Ya its the hourglass sorry I couldn't remember what it was called lol...I tried to clean the memory and have pulled the battery multiple times...when i pull the battery, once it starts up the hourglass doesnt show up for like a minute maybe then it constantly flashes
    08-09-09 07:00 PM
    Good idea Lynda,

Go to Options>Security Options>Memory cleaning
    If that doesn't work restore

BACK UP!
    options>general settings>menu> wipe
    then reload your recent backup
    I hope this helps!
    Any questions let me know!
    08-09-09 07:02 PM
    By loading symbol are you talking about the data arrows? Maybe you have a weak signal and it's always searching, or you have an app like facebook that wants to update all the time.

For upgrading, download desktop manager 4.6 and the latest upgrade at the top of this forum, then follow the instructions on that post to load it.

No, its the hourglass not the data arrows. I do use the facebook app, is there a way to tell if that's the problem?
    08-09-09 07:03 PM
    Good idea Lynda,

Go to Options>Security Options>Memory cleaning
    If that doesn't work restore

BACK UP!
    I hope this helps!
    my memory cleaning option was set to "disabled" I have enabled it.
    08-09-09 07:05 PM
    tell me what all apps you have installed before you go wiping it.

if it started after you installed one that could be your problem. quickpull jewed my internet one time and i just deleted and reinstalled and it helped. also check how much free file memory you have (options>status>free mem)
    The memory clean, in security, is just for security features. It won't free any real memory issues up. Only through your browser options or a reboot can you truly refresh it.

The memory clean, in security, is just for security features. It won't free any real memory issues up. Only through your browser options or a reboot can you truly refresh it.

thats what i thought but i wasnt sure. i have mine disabled
    08-09-09 07:07 PM
    tell me what all apps you have installed before you go wiping it.

if it started after you installed one that could be your problem. quickpull jewed my internet one time and i just deleted and reinstalled and it helped. also check how much free file memory you have (options>status>free mem)
    I have owned this phone for almost a year BTW and never had this problem happen.

I have facebook (I use it regularly)
    I have msn (I use it regularly)
    I have myspace (never use it)

When I go to options/status it gives me this:

Signal: -105 dBm
    Battery: 20%
    File Free: 13639504
    File Total: 50462720
    Pin:
    Esn (dex):
    Esn (hex):
    08-09-09 07:13 PM
    Pin:
    Esn (dex):
    Esn (hex):
    it shows up with these numbers..i just didnt post them cause theyre confidential?
    08-09-09 07:14 PM
    double check that your bluetooth and gps are off just to see if that helps and make sure there arent a bunch of apps running in the background.

i use google latitude from time to time and that makes my phone a little slower and drains on the battery a bit
    08-09-09 07:16 PM
    BACK UP!
    I hope this helps!
    I dont have "general settings" under "options"
    08-09-09 07:16 PM
    double check that your bluetooth and gps are off just to see if that helps and make sure there arent a bunch of apps running in the background.

i use google latitude from time to time and that makes my phone a little slower and drains on the battery a bit
    I never use the bluetooth feature (Its off) and Ive never used gps (don't know where its located lol)
    08-09-09 07:18 PM
    Its looking like it needs to be wipe clean. But I cant find "general settings" under the options (maybe because my platform is out of date?)
    08-09-09 07:19 PM
    under options/advanced/gps it says

GPS Data Source Device GPS
    GPS Services Location On
    08-09-09 07:21 PM
    discreet, your much better off simply upgrading your OS. The wipe will remove all your personal data, but won't solve your issues. Best way to free up memory, and help with the spinning clock of doom is to follow my guide.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/upgr...step-z-188139/

And install this OS, it should be the right one for your device:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/new...nguage-152441/
    08-09-09 07:24 PM
    Uninstall Facebook then reboot your phone. That did the truck for me. You can always reinstall Facebook. Try that and let us know if that works.

08-09-09 07:35 PM
    is it okay to use the sprint multilanguage if im with Telus?
    08-09-09 07:38 PM
    The are linked carriers.
    08-09-09 07:41 PM
    Uninstall Facebook then reboot your phone. That did the truck for me. You can always reinstall Facebook. Try that and let us know if that works.

This so far has SEEMED TO WORK!!!! Since deleting facebook, The hourglass "of doom" has stopped!!

Hopefully it stays like this!

Thank you (hope im not jumping the gun..If im am i'm sure you'll hear back from me LOL)
    08-09-09 07:47 PM
    Yep, facebook is a notorious problem. You still are way behind in your OS, and borderline on your file free memory though. Upgrading would do you a world of good.
    08-09-09 07:50 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD