The other day, I missed a call from a friend and then I received an error message on the phone application on my blackberry. Ever since that day, the missed call symbol won't disappear from the top of my blackberry! I deleted the missed call from the call log (and all the calls from that friend) but the symbol is still there. I've also marked all messages "opened". I've tried doing a million soft resets and when the phone comes back on, it shows a star on the phone application. When I open and then close on the phone application, the missed call symbol is still there.

No matter what I do, I can't get it to go away. Any ideas? This is driving me nuts!
    11-04-08 12:59 AM
    You may have accidentally moved the missed call message to your "saved" folder. Check that. I had the same problem a while back and it drove me crazy for several days until I figured it out.
    11-04-08 01:08 AM
    someone else had a prob like this today http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/missed-call-89328/

and i had posted what to do also a mod had posted another thing to do if it does not remove it
    11-04-08 01:20 AM
    I saw those posts and they were not as helpful as I had hoped because they do not really walk you through the steps of what you need to do. I've never "wiped" my blackberry and I'm really scared of permanently messing up my phone and/or losing important data/applications etc. Do you mind pointing me to a post that contains step by step instructions for what to do in this situation? Some of us are not as tech-savvy as the rest of the members of the board.
    11-04-08 01:28 AM
    k here are the steps for what i posted in that topic

1.hit the blackberry logo button its next to the trackball to the left
    2.look around for the "messages" icon and hit the trackball to open it
    3.then click the blackberry logo button next to the trackball again and look for "view folder" hit the trackball
    4.once in there u will see a list of folders u will need to go to the "missed calls" and "phone call logs" and hit the trackball to open them and if there is anything in there delete it
    5.if the icon is still there after u delete it try turnin off the phone and pullin the battery at that point
    6.turn phone back on and see if its gone

---------
    here is a image to get it more clear if the txt is not understandable

Last edited by brianajr88; 11-04-08 at 01:46 AM.
    11-04-08 01:38 AM
    did u get it worked out?
    11-04-08 12:10 PM
    did u get it worked out?
    Hey Brian thanks for your help! You are awesome. Unfortunately your fix didn't make it go away.

I looked through the forums and people were saying they had the same problem and the only thing that made it disappear was a device wipe. So I spent ALL morning backing up my berry, then wiped all the data and the put it all back on. I was so scared I was going to lose my 3rd party apps but luckily I didn't. Now the symbols is FINALLY gone!
    11-04-08 12:53 PM
    hmm i had that prob and didnt have to wipe mine thats kinda messed up dont u think...

but good to see u got it worked out
    11-04-08 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD