I have had my blackberry pearl for about 2 months now, and it just started doing VERY different things. Now it just shuts off on its own and the light on the front (at top right), goes solid red and just stays on. It takes me about 2-5 times to get it to come back on, and then it works fine again, until it shuts itself off again in another few hours. Any idea what causes this???
    08-31-08 06:16 PM
    This could be a number of things but lets start with memory. Go to options>status and tell me the number at File Free.
    08-31-08 06:26 PM
    Or you could have configured the auto shut off. Or better yet if u let someone play with it they could have done it for u hehe. But I don't know why someone would mess with u like that. I bet it has to do deal with file free memory!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-08 07:50 PM
    I appreciate both your help, however I dont think that is the issue. I NEVER let anyone touch my phone, and I still have 18395919 bytes left.
    thanks though. I may just return phone and hopefully get another
    08-31-08 08:19 PM
    What applications are installed on your BB? What are you doing with the BB at the time it shuts off? If it's a 3rd party app or some specific thing you do with the BB that is causing it to shut off it may be possible the same thing will occur on a replacement. And if you are beyond the trial/grace period and you go through warranty or insurance exhange and it turns out that its not the BB but something else then you will have wasted time and money going through the replacement process. However all of this is not to say it isn't a fault in the BB. I just hope it's not so you save the hassle of having to get a replacement.

09-01-08 02:01 AM
    My roommates 8130 does this same thing. His screen will lock up too. His call buttons work but nothing else. I just chalked it to Verizon (my 8120 with Tmo is a godsend) but with this post maybe it isn't.

09-01-08 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD