I've noticed that over the last 24 hours my 'file free' is dwindling much faster than normal. Last night I hit 0 bytes free for the first time ever and I'm pretty concerned with it...

I haven't installed any new programs or themes. The only things I have done that are out of the ordinary are:

Started using bb messenger

Got 3 new .mp3 ringtones from a friend via mms (which I saved to my micro sd card)

Put my micro sd card in my friends cingular 8130 to give him some music

Other than that I can't think of anything strange that might be causing my memory to evaporate faster than normal...anyone have any ideas/tips for me?

(btw, mine is an 8130 on VZW)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 03:30 PM
    our phones have a funny way of doing that... my fiance's was doing the same thing only after going to 0 file free it would jump back to 14,000 later on... best thing to do is make sure you correctly closing all your programs and go to your media and go to options... set your device memory limit to 12 mb and your reserved pix memory to 0 mb
    06-26-08 03:33 PM
    This is very bad for performance of your device. Take some time and check out Stoner's Guide to free up memory in my signature!!

This will help a TON!! It ranges from some very simple initial fixes on your device itself... to modding the OS for better memory

I would recommend reading through the whole guide and definitely doing it for your Pearl.

Pearls are known for these memory nightmares
    06-26-08 03:40 PM
    Typicaly memory isn't a problem on my phone...my big concern is that the problem has popped up out of no where...

06-26-08 03:48 PM
    Yeah. Understandable! have you done any OS upgrades recently???

Either way, I still recommend the memory optimization!! I never have issues and I am using a Curve... and i still did it to get the most out of my OS and device and remove the bulk that you do not need at all!
    06-26-08 03:50 PM
    Last night I hit 0 bytes free for the first time ...
    Mayby not in the past, but 0 is an issue.

Idealy, you would like to see 20+ Mb after a restart. The device will use a substantial amount of that but remains stable as long as the memory remains above the 12 Mb reserved limit.

Monitor your memory use for a while, if you see it drop below 12 Mb, that would justify doing a clean out.
    06-26-08 03:55 PM
    Well, from a battery pull my phone comes up at a bit over 13 megs free and its been that way since I took it out of the box...

06-26-08 04:01 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Our Consumer BlackBerrys come packed full of features, samples, themes and support for highly sophisticated communications. It makes for a great, out of the box experience. It also represents the working limits of the device. The geeks had to stop somewhere, or there would be no free memory at all.
    I have about 30 Mb Free.
    06-26-08 05:41 PM
    30? Holy crap. My pearl would be in heaven with 30 mb free

06-26-08 11:29 PM
    How did you hit 30?
    When I cleaned out my damaged pearl before ship back I took everything and I mean everything off it.
    All themes but stock 4 all extra software
    All useless service books
    All stock media

And hit 27 almost 28

06-27-08 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD