Tried searching, but could not find anything with the terms I tried.

I have my phone set to the correct time (though whenever I pull the battery, it wants to go back an hour, even though the network time is what I want) but my Gmail mobile and emails say received at this hour before time. In my messages folder, it comes up as the right time, but something is not right as the time is not correct once you open the message.

Any ideas? Not the end of the world but a bit annoying.

If you can help or point me where to get help that would be great.

Thanks
    08-09-08 02:11 AM
    The symptoms you describe are very confusing, and I can't think of a scenario that fits all of them. Apparently nobody else can either, since you've had no responses.

One potential piece of the problem could be your time zone settings. Check to be sure the BlackBerry and the computer you are synching to are set to the correct time zone. Some time zone names sound similar, for example, Central Time (U.S. and Canada) and Central America Time. Both are GMT-6, but Central America does not observe Daylight Saving Time.

If the computer you are synching to is set to a different time zone from the BlackBerry, and the Desktop Manager option to synch the device time with the PC is enabled, then everytime you synch, the BlackBerry time will become wrong. If you set the BlackBerry time source to "Network," you won't need to synch to the PC and can disable this setting.

None of these ideas fit all your symptoms, but at least they are something you can check. If you solve one problem, the rest of the symptoms may be easier to understand.
    08-09-08 11:01 PM
    Thanks for the help. After I posted I thought of timezones and daylight savings. For whatever reson my phone was set to the wrong timezone but right time so to speak, like you pointed out.

I hooked up to desktop manager for the first time today and it actually changed the Timezone on my phone for me to seemingly take care of this.

Thanks again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Hewsinator; 08-10-08 at 01:09 AM.
    08-10-08 01:07 AM
    If the BlackBerry is set to the wrong time zone and you sync it to a computer that's set to the right time zone, and you have desktop manager set to sync the BlackBerry time to the PC time, then the sync will correct the BlackBerry's time, but you should still make sure the BlackBerry is set to the correct time zone. It you don't, the BlackBerry time will become wrong again the next time the time zone setting is applied. This disparity may also explain the gmail time stamp error.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 06:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD