Does anyone know why my BB is deleting my contacts?
    11-28-08 08:25 PM
    You'll have to give us more information if we are to help. What OS are you running? Are you synching to Outlook? Have you recently changed any settings? Can you make a backup? Do you lose the contacts after a sync, or after some other event, or apparently at random? Is there something common to the missing contacts? Are you filtering your address book?

I realize this is an overwhelming array of questions, but it illustrates how many different possible causes there are for your problem. Any questions you can answer, and any information you can give us, will help us focus on the problem and maybe find a solution.
    11-28-08 08:53 PM
    I am running the latest software and have not changed any settings, yes using outlook, I did make a back up the other day today is the only time I have noticed the BB doing this. I think it is contacts that I dont use very much, but they are still important and dont need to be deleted.
    11-28-08 09:11 PM
    Are the contacts still in Outlook on your PC? Are the contacts in one particular category in Outlook? Is is possible that you've filtered your address book on your BlackBerry and inadvertently hidden those contacts? Address Book / Menu / Filter and verify that NO boxes are checked, then exit back out. If you unchecked any boxes, did the missing contacts return?
    11-28-08 09:22 PM
    yeah I checked that today no boxes checked in filtering. and when I sync the BB with computer they are missing in the outlook also.
    11-28-08 09:26 PM
    The deleted contacts should still be in the Deleted Items folder in Outlook on your PC. As long as you haven't deleted that folder you can get them back. Other than not being used often, what do the contacts have in common? Are you using Facebook, or any other social networking software that interfaces with the Address Book?
    11-28-08 09:36 PM
    no not using face book I am using yahoo go and google maps thats it
    11-28-08 10:12 PM
    I'm not familiar with Yahoo Go. What does it do? Have you used it for a while?

I use Google Maps and have not had any lost contacts, so I doubt it is involved in your problem.
    11-28-08 10:24 PM
    yeah I have used this Yahoo Go for a while with no problems. I really dont understand it at all.
    11-28-08 10:34 PM
    What is your Options / Status / File Free amount?
    11-28-08 10:41 PM
    well I have been tring to keep it around 12mb but it could have fell below 10mb. I dont like having to pull the battery to reset that is there another way ?
    11-28-08 10:43 PM
    There's SoftReset from GeekandProud. I've never heard of low memory causing contacts to be deleted, but I'm grasping at straws here. Even if low memory isn't the problem, a reset may help.
    11-28-08 10:49 PM
    ok thank you
    11-28-08 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD