I'm digging the fact that it fits nicely in my front pocket, but suretype and having to check free memory all the time is starting to wear on me. I'm eligible for an early upgrade in 2 days and seriously considering the Tour.
    08-11-09 04:13 PM
    Had a 8130. Great pocketability, and it just fit perfectly if you're hand holding it. Loved it, but finally gave in for more memory, bigger screen, a QWERTY keyboard, and world phone capabilities.

I'm digging the fact that it fits nicely in my front pocket, but suretype and having to check free memory all the time is starting to wear on me. I'm eligible for an early upgrade in 2 days and seriously considering the Tour.
    Getting a Tour will solve your issues with SureType and free memory
    08-11-09 10:50 PM
    i'm a dude with a pearl and i love it...but i want something with more memory also and maybe a bigger screen but i want to wait for something with a trackpad that's why i'm not interested in the tour.
    08-11-09 10:56 PM
    this is cool so far..with all its limitation,off course..i like it anyway..girly or not girly, it fits my pocket very well
    08-18-09 03:30 PM
    Male with Pearl 8130 here. I love the small compact size and SureType keyboard. I actually had a scuba skin on it but removed it because it actually made my BB a bit bulky for my pant pocket.

My next upgrade, whenever it may be, will be something in the Pearl line.
    08-19-09 02:47 PM
    I have a Pearl 8130 thru Verizon. I love this phone. It has been 100% rock solid; I have never had an issue with it. SureType is great. Once you get the hang of it, I don't know why you would want to be without it. The device is small enough to text using one hand. I would like a device that has more memory. I demo a Storm for 45 days (my roommate works for Verizon) and after the 2nd day it started to annoy me. Didn't like the texting /emailing on it. Now I'm trying out the Flip Pearl 8230 and I do like the fact that it has twice the memory and I do like the larger keys but my 8130 performs better then it does and it's faster then the Flip despite having the same processor. Now the Tour is out and besides playing with it in the store (can't demo that one yet) but I love the SureType and I don't know if I want to give it up. I read that that a new OS 5.0 might also have SureType as an option; lets hope so. I'm a man and I love the Pearl; perfect size, it does everything it's suppose to do. I don't know what to do?!? I wish RIM would have ramp up the 8100 Pearls; that would have been great because the Pearl series has a faithful following. It has won many awards showing that it must be a great platform.
    08-19-09 07:29 PM
    I have an 8110 Titanium Pearl with AT&T.
    08-19-09 10:12 PM
    I have a pearl 8130 and absolutely love it! Have had no problems at all with it being to bulky in my pocket and banging on the grinders and meat saw at my work.
    08-20-09 08:28 AM
    dont got a pearl but my girl do lls...
    08-20-09 08:29 AM
    white 8130 here. i love it but i still want a curve
    08-20-09 02:47 PM
    I have a Pearl, and love it. Had two until today :-)
    Last edited by Nickberrry; 08-21-09 at 05:26 PM.
    08-20-09 06:46 PM
    ^^^ me too! Male with a Pearl. I can't get enough! I don't have any issues with memory at all. I run my own business and have a lot of email/text traffic. SureType is great. I would love to add to my collection when I'm eligible for upgrade. Always looking for new apps. Great phone all around.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 07:06 PM
    Just got the pearl 8130. Where has the BB been all of my life??? haha. I am enjoying it for sure. Trying to figure out how to get Linux to work with it is a pain in the *** though. Oh well, fiddle long enough and you will go blind... er, get it to work.

The girls at the store tried to get me to go with the curve. To be honest, the full keyboard is money as I switched from having the Verizon eNV. Didn't want that phone anymore. Ghetto internet pisses me off. Though the net on the pearl isn't much better, it still gives a basic full site layout. I am enjoying it to the full extent and plan to stay with BB for a while
    08-22-09 08:35 AM
    Have a red pearl with a coca cola hard case on it. Love my pearl, although its a first gen that is really starting to show its age. Hope the Tour or the Bold I get has a Bling Ball feature!
    08-23-09 09:17 AM
    The ONLY way the pearl could be considered a girls phone is if its a pink one. Same as a curve, bold, or any other blackberry on the market, period.... I have a titanium pearl 8120 and it's a great little phone...
    08-23-09 10:24 PM
    Proud 8120 Titanium and Black Emerald owner right here--Nothing girlish about either one from my standpoint!

Happy posting 8-D!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 10:52 PM
166 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD