I have an 8130 OS 4.5.0.89 on Alltel.

The unit keeps turning the phone part of the phone (mobile connection ) off by itself. It started out where it just seemed like every time I went to use it the mobile connection would be off and then I'd have to turn it back on to use Internet or phone. Now when I turn it on, as soon as it contacts the network it turns it self off. I can't even make a phone call now that last more than about 10 seconds. I tired whipping the whole device, and recently even did a fully wipe using JL_Cmder, and not loading anything else to it, still same issue.

Has anybody else ever encountered this, and is their a way to fix it?

According to Alltel tech support my phone is defective, after having it for 9 months. However, I can't get the phone replaced under the warranty, because apparently I voided my warranty several months back by physically damaging the USB charger, even though I went to a local shop and paid them $110 to get that fixed, it is to no avail, as my warranty had already been declared void.

I work for a Bluetooth company, and as such have access to most every phone on the market that has been released from any of the 4 major US carriers, however, even with an Alltel-Verizon merger now I can't seem to do an ESN swap to a Verizon Blackberry on my Alltel account, at least not threw the MyAccount website.
    01-02-09 11:31 AM
    I also have been having this issue and i went into alltel and they gave me a brand new one and it still does it so i dont know of anyway to fix this problem other than call bb themselves and see what they say about it maybe it is a firmware issue they don't know about
    01-03-09 11:14 AM
    This is happening with me also its getting quite fusterating when trying to send any text messages and if i try to call someone it just hangs it up
    03-10-09 09:15 AM
    This happen to me this morning it was very annoying having to keep turning it back on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 09:33 AM
    Did yours start working back again, mine hasn't I have just enough time to send a text messages not the actual typing just the sending part while its on and it takes a few tries to receive one... Any Ideas
    03-10-09 09:39 AM
    Bump!!!!!!!!!
    03-10-09 01:07 PM
    Ha..Im having this same issue with WONDERFUL (NOT.!!.) Alltel..And took it in the store the other day..Rep says oh its because we are upgrading our towers..I just laughed my **** OFF at him and left..Alltel is seriously about to make me pay the 250 and be done..I mean we pay 90 on the insurance replacement anyways..So yeah..I just got a replacement through the mail, and sent mine in..Im now waitin for the "Oh it has water damage" or "its not broke"..Blah..Let them say that..Ill be lone gone to Sprint..
    03-11-09 01:13 AM
    I was having the same issue with the network connection turning to "off". I called Verizon tech support and the had me reset my Pearl. Not a battery pull, but a *228 reset. Give ur carrier a call.
    03-11-09 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD