New to the Blackberry, Just had a question for my Pearl? I set my ringer to LOUD today and all it does is vibrate, any suggestions?
    10-22-08 05:53 PM
    check your profile, it sounds like it is set to vibrate.
    10-22-08 06:24 PM
    Well also remember that the Pearl will vibrate twice before beginning to ring, so if you are answering the call before those two vibrates are off you are missing the ringtone.

There is a way around this using software. VibandRing, available at Crackberry shop:

VibAndRing - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

is specifically developed to "take over" the vibrating tasks and do it at the same time as the ring tone. You just need to follow the directions implicitly and set all your tones to "TONE" only, not "Vibrate & Tone". Then, activate the software and it will take over the process of vibrating the phone. Not a bad investment really since I have actually missed calls before due to the silly vibrate first deal.

Oh and to get to the point where you can set the ring tones for all your applicable applications and such, simply click MENU->PROFILES->ADVANCED->Then click on the profile you have active (i.e. Loud). Within this menu you will see applications, and you can click on them and set the tone and the type of tone (tone, vib/tone, etc.).

Hope that helps
    10-22-08 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD