Hello Everyone,

First time poster, so I'm sorry if I have any newb moments Last night I linked my homail account to outlook, which in turn allowed me to link hotmail to my blackberry pearl. Well I had not received any email notices on my pearl as of this afternoon, but when I login to my hotmail account via email I have 5 new messages Whats the deal? Did I set something up wrong? Can someone please help me?

Derrick
    04-17-08 03:58 PM
    hmm maybe sprint just doesnt allow hotmail accounts to be accessed thru their network..
    they do like to block certain stuff
    04-17-08 04:51 PM
    your hotmail account won't work with push email if it was created before 2000 try a new email :P
    04-17-08 04:52 PM
    Is it a paid Hotmail account? If not, I don't think it will work
    04-17-08 04:52 PM
    Your both right Hotmail will not work. Gmail and Yahoo will work though.
    04-17-08 04:54 PM
    Hi I'm a newb also. But I got my outlook to work with my Hotmail and now I'm getting my msgs on my BB Pearl 8120. I did have to get the paid subscription. Also if not I was using this software call izymail.com that forwards your hot to an alternate mail account and it's free for a certain amount of emails. It does work but once my email started working I didn't need it anymore. Give it a try... Hope it helps
    04-18-08 08:03 AM
    I've had my hotmail since '95 or '96 and it push's to my berry no problem. Are you using windows live?
    04-18-08 10:39 AM
    Thanks everyone for all the great info. I just have a few more questions.

First to clarify a few things. I don't have the paid hotmail account and I signed up for the account after 2000. I do believe it is a windows live account. Now for my questions.

I can receive my hotmail emails through outlook, so how do I push that to my pearl? When I use the desktop manager to sync to outlook, there is no option to sync email. Do I still have to get the paid hotmail account to go this route?

How much is the paid hotmail subscription and is it worth it?

Derrick
    04-18-08 11:57 AM
    I just purchased an 8120 Tmo. Here is what I cant figure out and not sure where or what to search for. I do have a BB address.

How do I get my yahoo mail to show up? I do see my comcast email.

Next, why am I unable to open my comcast (any) email? I see somebody sent me an email and who its from but thats it.

I am less than a week new to BB. But I have been lurking here for awhile. (Wife has curve but she didn't set up email)
    04-19-08 01:41 AM
    Microsoft has announced that it plans to introduce Hotmail and Windows Live Messenger for BlackBerry in summer this year.

At first BlackBerry Bold along with BlackBerry 7000 and 8000 ranges will get the softwares. Later it will be included in more models.
    07-15-08 05:07 PM
    Thanks everyone for all the great info. I just have a few more questions.

First to clarify a few things. I don't have the paid hotmail account and I signed up for the account after 2000. I do believe it is a windows live account. Now for my questions.

I can receive my hotmail emails through outlook, so how do I push that to my pearl? When I use the desktop manager to sync to outlook, there is no option to sync email. Do I still have to get the paid hotmail account to go this route?

How much is the paid hotmail subscription and is it worth it?

Derrick
    Do you have your BlackBerry Desktop Redirector turned on? I have mine setup to receive emails from MS Outlook at work. Only way it works if I have BlackBerry Desktop Redirector turned on
    07-15-08 06:05 PM
    Not thread hijackin' or nothin but, I found that Yahoo works great as a second account for my Pearl. They also offer some of the best spam filtering around. Gives your screen a nice icon that shifts when you scroll on it, like factory BB icons...
    07-15-08 06:16 PM
    I also use Yahoo mail through SBC and i have it pushed right to my phone. What's nice about this is, you can delete your email from just your handheld or both at the same time (Delete email in Yahoo)
    07-15-08 06:24 PM
    Yea, I've had the account for awhile, and fianally decided to add my device to the account. It's very nice to delete e-mails from both accounts at the same time. My Empower pro automatically views on it for me, when i check e-mail. I didn't have to change any settings but alert tone, etc. Definitley recommend it.
    07-15-08 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD