I had posted in the T-Mobile forum, but the question morphed into a Pearl question so I wanted to post the follow-up here. (so its not really a dup post I think)

My upgrade choices with T-Mobile are limited, and I have a 19.99 Total Internet Add-On that I want to keep using. I was going for the Samsung Behold, but no Tethering killed the deal.

So, I am back to looking at the Pearl.

Based on what I can find in other posts, the limitations for the Blackberry without a data plan are:

With a generic data plan in addition you may:

* use a third party browser like Opera Mini, but NOT the resident BlackBerry browser
    * may get email either via a web interface (using Opera) or other third party app, but NOT BlackBerry push email
    * use a number of third party applications that require net access, including some instant messenger programs
    , as long as they're available to install from DM because:
    * canNOT install apps OTA because that requires the resident browser
    * canNOT use BlackBerry messenger or do PIN-->PIN messaging
    I DON'T want "push email" so I am not worried about that.

What I need to know is, given the non-support for OTA apps, would downloaded apps from sites like this site, or www blackberryapps DOT com work? (using tmo total internet) ...or is the resident browser problem basically foil any apps?

Also, I am running a $39.99 Phone Plan and a $19.99 Data plan right now. Any options near that cost for the Blackberry (Note: I don't use messaging)
    Last edited by netmatt; 08-09-09 at 08:00 PM.
    08-09-09 04:20 PM
    Ah, forget it, I just went with an 8900
    08-09-09 07:59 PM
    did you get unlimited data and whatnot or are you running that weird plan you mentioned up there^
    08-09-09 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD