I took my phone in to a local wireless shop. Waited for the LCD to get shipped in. Then I watched the [beautiful] technician replace the LCD and reinstall the old one. The new one made no difference. Turning on the phone only results in a solid red light that lasts about two seconds. No white screen of death (used to until now) or anything. She said it is the circuit board.

What do you guys think?
    03-09-09 07:27 PM
    Another question:
    I have an unlocked AT&T Pearl. Are all the parts interchangeable?
    03-09-09 11:49 PM
    Solid red light ?? you might need to nuke your BB and reinstall software.
    03-10-09 12:53 AM
    Solid red light ?? you might need to nuke your BB and reinstall software.
    I don't know what that means. Haha.
    And idk how to go about that since my screen doesn't turn on...?
    03-10-09 01:24 AM
    Does the device PIN show up when connected to the desktop manager software?
    03-10-09 01:25 AM
    Does the device PIN show up when connected to the desktop manager software?
    I actually didn't have the device operating long enough to get around to downloading the software. I'm in the middle of it now. It'll be a while with my internet connection. >.<

I don't really know what I'm looking to do with the software tho.

edit: Also, I assume this needs to be mentioned. I inserted the CD and the menu said Sprint. I told the store that it was T-Mobile (I guess this BB was the one I did purchase on eBay, unlocked, unlike I previous thought haha). So is there a chance that the T-Mobile LCD they put in did not work because it is in fact a Sprint (unlocked) phone?
    Last edited by uRabbit; 03-10-09 at 01:57 AM.
    03-10-09 01:48 AM
    Okay. So I finished installing the program and my phone is fully charged (solid green light when plugged in). Plug it into the computer and it's dead. Not connecting. Won't charge. Nothing.

edit: Interesting... Took out the battery. Put it back in. Red light. However, Windows announces that a new USB device has been detected, but is not recognized... And the Manager will not detect it.
    Last edited by uRabbit; 03-10-09 at 03:04 AM.
    03-10-09 02:56 AM
    It's a 8100? 8110? 8120 or 8130?
    03-10-09 10:40 AM
    The box says 8100. I believe the other one I have is 8120, but it's got a cracked screen and sticky trackball. So I might be able to use the guts, screen & trackball of the 8120 and use it for my 8100?
    03-10-09 12:30 PM
    The 8100 and 8120 cameras are placed differently so you may need a new housing for the 8120. Which peal is having the problem?
    03-10-09 01:30 PM
    I just turned on the AT&T Pearl (the one I don't want to use, but is the fully operational one) and it is also an 8100.

The T-Mobile Pearl is the one not turning on. It is charging tho.

AT&T Pearl: scratched LCD, loose SIM card holder, sticky trackball
    T-Mobile Pearl: doesn't turn on

Are the LCD screens interchangeable? The woman at the shop said they were not, even for the same model phones. If they are, I'll go get the tools and do it.
    03-10-09 04:20 PM
    Okay... So... Update.

I'll make a write-up on this and post it later.

I transported the AT&T Berry's guts into the white housing of the T-Mobile's berry.

Couple things tho:
    Is there a way to download the T-Mobile software (for Fave 5) for my AT&T circuit board? Or is all that basically programmer stuff?
    And I believe my T-Mobile's software was newer. Do I just use the Manager software to update it?

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by uRabbit; 03-10-09 at 10:13 PM.
    03-10-09 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD