What's your opinion?? Would you want to trade your Pearl for a Qwerty/Curve??

So far, I seem to actually like the Pearl Keyboard and find it to be pretty fast. It does take some getting used to though. Do you think it is quicker? What do you do when it messes up your word??? So far, I've just deleted until I got to my right words, but I wonder if there is an easier way..

Opinions please...
    11-18-07 09:00 PM
    Do you have it set to use suretype? That makes it easier to choose words, etc...
    11-18-07 09:08 PM
    My advice is to not look at the screen until you've typed the entire word (assuming it's in SureType model and not MultiTap mode). Don't try to correct the word part way thru or you will drive yourself nuts

SureType forced me to become a much better speller, that's for sure!
    11-18-07 09:10 PM
    Also, you should have predictive Suretype with your 8130. It should predict the word or you can finish typing the whole thing.
    11-18-07 09:13 PM
    i agree. type away and then go back at the end... i usually have to change no more than one word...

-db
    11-18-07 09:14 PM
    I've had both. I can type faster with sure type then I can with a full QWERTY. I'm keeping my Pearl unless I am given a Curve.

Click
    11-18-07 09:59 PM
    I loved my Pearl, however I did move on to the Curve because I wanted the full qwerty and SureType was driving me nuts since I use my bb for a TON of emails and I write a lot of uncommon names so I was always having to go back and correct the words because there was no way for the Pearl to predict them.

I do miss the smaller size and the color trackball but I LOVE my Curve.

The only thing I wish it had was FLASH!!!

11-18-07 10:42 PM
    QWERTY!!!! No doubt baby!!!
    11-18-07 10:43 PM
    My ultimate device would be a device the same size as the Curve but with a SureType keyboard. Oooooh!! nice.
    11-18-07 11:04 PM
    Qwerty for me (Curve). Pearl for my wife at Xmas. I guess I'll find out which I prefer, when I set up her BB.
    11-18-07 11:57 PM
    Im finding the SureType to be very on point. Dont miss the (Q)werty
    11-19-07 12:43 AM
    My ultimate device would be a device the same size as the Curve but with a SureType keyboard. Oooooh!! nice.
    John, I think your ultimate device would be one the same size as the Curve with a SureType keyboard AND...a color trackball!!!.
    11-19-07 02:22 AM
    I loved my Pearl, however I did move on to the Curve because I wanted the full qwerty and SureType was driving me nuts since I use my bb for a TON of emails and I write a lot of uncommon names so I was always having to go back and correct the words because there was no way for the Pearl to predict them.
    Same here...

QWERTY is way faster and accure...
    11-19-07 02:50 AM
    I always was under the impression that sure type was multi taP until I got my pearl, wrong !! I can't believe how intuitive it is plus it helps with words that are harder to spell by choosing it from the list. I only look at the screen for longer words so I can choose from the list.
    11-19-07 10:43 AM
    Full qwerty all the way, that was the deal breaker between the pearl and my beloved curve. I tried the suretype and it would have taken some major adjusting to get use to. Full qwerty is much faster to me.
    11-19-07 02:09 PM
    All I know is suretype, so I have no basis to compare--and I'm scared to compare, because I cannot afford another BB right now, and even though I could stand to lose some weight, I don't want to go on the "I can't eat, I'm saving to buy a BB" diet-LOL, though the new Pearl has me SERIOUSLY tempted
    11-19-07 02:23 PM
    I had a 7130 with suretype and it did not compare at all to the 8130 that i have now. I love what i have. I cannot compare it to the curve because I am stuck with crappy Verizon but i did have the 8830 and did not like the keyboard on it at all.
    Just my 2 cents.
    11-19-07 09:00 PM
    I have the pearl, love the keyboard and I use multi tap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-07 11:19 PM
    I love the suetype. I can type so fast on there it is crazy. But i can also type fast with qwerty....so i really look at size of phone. Love the smallness of the pearl and it is comfortable but after texting or emailing, my hands ache after using the pearl....but its always been like that with phones. If the curve helped my hands, i probably would jump ship.
    11-21-07 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD