Does anyone seem to have a problem with their Blackberry Pearls allegedly "overloading" as Verizon says and have an hourglass pop up and only way to cure it is to pull the battery? And on certain applications you like Facebook you have the message icon pop up and when you retrieve it it disappears? Same with IM's? Verizon says I am using too much memory but that is not the case. I am not even close to using half of what the phone allegedly can do!
    12-28-09 07:52 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

We are all to familiar with Pearl/Curve memory issues. There is 64 Mb of memory installed, which is adaqute if the memory has been optimized correctly.

The first step is to check Options / Status. Note your file free memory, that is what we will be working with. If the number is low, under 10,000,000, (sorry, no commas), you could use some improvement.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

I strongly advise upgrading your Pearl to v4.5xx Device OS software. It has been pre optimized to get rid of the memory consuming samples and has the latest memory management code.

When you are done, you should have well over 10 Mb of file free memory, enough for normal operation without that annoying Hour Glass (high level priority thread being serviced).

12-28-09 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD