I saw the announcement for the Tour and checked VZW's site. In the list of BB devices, I noticed that our beloved Pearl is not listed. Does this mean it's not available anymore?
    06-16-09 07:59 AM
    I saw the announcement for the Tour and checked VZW's site. In the list of BB devices, I noticed that our beloved Pearl is not listed. Does this mean it's not available anymore?
    I'm sure they still have some stock left in select locations and warehouses but most likely this is the end of the Pearls sales time.
    06-16-09 08:47 AM
    Replaced by the 8230?
    06-16-09 09:36 AM
    The spirit of the Pearl will always live on. R.I.P young warrior of the blackberry world. Without you, many people would not have blackberries or would have found Crackberry.
    06-16-09 10:40 AM
    I'm sure there will be loads of them on eBay when folks start upgrading to the Tour, but yes, I noticed the Pearl's absence from VZW online as well.
    06-16-09 11:12 AM
    I would love to see a 3rd generation Pearl (not the flip) in the same form factor. I'm a fan of Suretype and would like to see a replacement.

Is it coming???
    06-16-09 11:45 AM
    I noticed they are dropping the prices on the Pearl through Alltel they are letting them go for .99 cents with a two year contract or unless they are doing one year like I hear they are doing??? The Pearl was and is my first BlackBerry is an awesome phone I hate to see it go. RIP our beloved Pearl.
    06-16-09 02:03 PM
    I love my pearl 8130,first blackberry.Does anyone know if there will be any O.S upgrades? The pearl is still being sold with a 2 year contract.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 06:03 PM
    The spirit of the Pearl will always live on. R.I.P young warrior of the blackberry world. Without you, many people would not have blackberries or would have found Crackberry.
    seconded. 10 char
    06-16-09 11:15 PM
    I would love to see a 3rd generation Pearl (not the flip) in the same form factor. I'm a fan of Suretype and would like to see a replacement.

Is it coming???
    Since the Pearl came out on so many carriers and the Storm came out on just one - I know this is slanted. BUT - BUT BUT BUT - the Pearl sold over a million units in its first four months. At the time, the most successful launch ever for RIM/Blackberry. They would be idiotic not to recapture that success. Where are the new Pearl devices?
    06-17-09 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD