Hey, my girlfriend has a Pink Pearl, about 3 months old...and the other day her phone died about 3 hours after charging, and a hour glass just constantly stays in the middle of the home screen display.....ive checked her files free, ive done a battery pull, ive deleted history and all the old msgs but i cant figure out whats the deal?
    any ideas or help??

would be great
    thanks
    03-12-09 06:52 PM
    Does she close out of apps or just hit the end button? Closing out should help she needs to hit the bb button and hit close.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 07:24 PM
    yah ive told her to close the apps, she has been doing that

thats why i dont know whats going on because everything like that is fine, maybe its just ****ed
    03-12-09 08:21 PM
    She could have a bad battery. I have no other idea what it could be. Hopefully someone will have more info for you.

03-12-09 08:42 PM
    It does sound like a bad battery. I would try to connect it to DM and try to reinstall the OS.
    03-13-09 05:45 AM
    I would replace the battery and see if that works. I had a similar problem with my razor two weeks of having it and it would go. I was lucky and was under warenty. After they replaced it worked fine.

03-13-09 09:06 AM
    thanks guys/girls haha
    i took the battery out of mine and put it into hers and it started up, we were trying to charge her bat. but it wouldnt hold a charge

when i put my battery in the hour glass wasnt there for the first minute but came back for a sec, then went again...so i really dont know what thats about, but shes taking it into Telus to get a new battery today, ill let you know if the hour glass stays or if its gone forever! ahaha

Thanks
    03-13-09 09:42 AM
    That happened to me last week. Does she have Face Book or other apps that push emails or notifications to her phone? I removed Face Book then re-installed it and the problem has not come back since. Apparently Face Book was trying to push messages and notifications to my Blackberry and they never got there. After I removed Face Book and restarted my Blackberry Pearl, I receieved a bunch of emails and Face Book notifcations. So I think for me something was trying to get pushed to my phone and had trouble doing so, hence the constant hour glass and fast depleting battery. Maybe the same for your girlfriends Pearl.
    03-13-09 02:36 PM
    That happened to me last week. Does she have Face Book or other apps that push emails or notifications to her phone? I removed Face Book then re-installed it and the problem has not come back since. Apparently Face Book was trying to push messages and notifications to my Blackberry and they never got there. After I removed Face Book and restarted my Blackberry Pearl, I receieved a bunch of emails and Face Book notifcations. So I think for me something was trying to get pushed to my phone and had trouble doing so, hence the constant hour glass and fast depleting battery. Maybe the same for your girlfriends Pearl.
    hey thanks nick!, i just uninstalled the facebook app on her phone 5 minutes ago, and a Yahoo! Go app... she didnt use it and was taking up space. After the battery pull she got 9 emails!, so it looks like you got a point... shes gunna leave facebook uninstalled for now to see if it was the problem, yesterday she got a new battery from the Telus store, we'll see if the Pink Pearl will kill another battery haaha

Anyways, one last question... the guy at the Telus store said that talking on your phone while its charging is like THE worst thing to do to your phones battery... is this true? i have a little charging pod for mine, but i know a lot of people that talk on there phones while its charging
    03-14-09 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD